Bull What to do?

fullhouse32

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Well I decided to put
The Bull together in the garage.
And while I was unpacking, I discovered a 30” gash straight as an arrow in the front chrome area below the lid.
So my question what to do is do I continue putting it together or stop. I don’t want to put it together to have to send it back.
Very sad 😞
I’m bought some tri-tip for the first smoke for Valentines & brisket to cook for my birthday.
Looking for guidance

Is the scratch deep? If not, perhaps it can be polished out with a stainless cleaner?

I had a small ding from shipping where probably only I would notice. Sent them some pics and an opportunity to make it right. They emailed me back saying they're sending me some BBQ sauce. Good trade off. The Bull is going to get battle scars anyway ;)(y)

Enjoy that thing!
They are pretty good with keeping customers happy.

I had the same exact scratch - was unpacking our RT 700 last night and found it.. I have contacted RT so we will see if this is just something in the metal because it definitely is in the manufacturing process. It looks bad but will not affect the performance of the smoker. Attaching pics.

Attachments

• IMG_3325.JPG
    IMG_3325.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_3327.JPG
    IMG_3327.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 84
I tried what I had, but I was not able to make it go way.
We tried stainless polish with no luck. It is definitely in the metal. Looks like a plasma weld almost - where they adjoined two rolls perhaps, or the break press operator missed his mark?

Well I decided to put
The Bull together in the garage.
And while I was unpacking, I discovered a 30” gash straight as an arrow in the front chrome area below the lid.
So my question what to do is do I continue putting it together or stop. I don’t want to put it together to have to send it back.
Very sad 😞
I’m bought some tri-tip for the first smoke for Valentines & brisket to cook for my birthday.
Looking for guidance
When I received my Bull with all options, I noted a forklift long gash same area. Told driver hold on! I tore box open verified the damage took photos and rejected delivery. Contacted RecTeq and they immediately sent another full order. Awesome customer support

I had the same exact scratch - was unpacking our RT 700 last night and found it.. I have contacted RT so we will see if this is just something in the metal because it definitely is in the manufacturing process. It looks bad but will not affect the performance of the smoker. Attaching pics.
If you end up keeping this and the mark bothers you, you could try think about making a decorative pattern on the front. Use a drill or die drinder with roloc scotch pad to make a scale pattern.

Sorry but that would not be acceptable to me even though it would have no effect.. It had to be boxed like that and for that reason alone I would expect it to get resolved. Shipping is out of their control but packing like that is not. Unacceptable in my book. Not sure even compensation is enough depending on how much. You purchased new and should receive the same.

@sdynak I agree the shipping issues are a separate issue but they should have shipping insurance for shipping damages. If it was boxed damaged then they need to reassess the quality control

Yes.. I had boxed issues as well but it was easier to resolve than this. Mine was on the shelf almost like a welding rod had skimmed across it with black heavy marks. The black came out but there was physical damage/scratches remaining. RecTeq replaced my shelf with no questions.

Although I wouldn't be real happy finding this after opening the long awaited shipping box on a new recteq grill I just purchased. In this instance I would contact recteq support to find out what they would offer to resolve the issue. For me I would accept a new undamaged grill, a huge discount on the damaged grill I received, possibly free pellets, grilling accessories or sauces and rubs shipped for free for lifetime. ;)

Last edited:
I would not put it together until I talked to service. I think they are there on Saturday also. If you did not tear up the shipping carton it would help but they will make it good and advise how to ship it back. Also, they usually ship faster for warranty replacements.

I buffed and buffed and it’s still there.——
When this was posted I called and talk with RT they said they sorry this has happened and we are happy to make it right. We will send a call tag if I want.
He wanted to know if I feel that every-time I walk out to the grill, will it bug me if it’s yes then let’s return it.
He asked if I can live with it RT would compensate me.
He said take a day or two think about it let him know.
I was going to return it, but I really did not want to wait on another delivery. So I did not return it.
The birthmark is still there and I am ok with my decision.

Now about the Quality control overseas.
I have been in that world and it comes down to what the Company standards are for excepts or rejects. As for any business it’s the gable on the ROI.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back