Stampede What’s different

Mrgreen617

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
  2. Stampede
Hey all. Just curious what the upgrades are on the newer model deckboss 590 that allows it to hit 700 degrees vs the older model of the 590 that only goes to 500. Any ideas? Can we run them hottoer somehow

For the RT700 it was tied to a beefier motor and auger assembly. It may also have a cast iron deflector but I’ll let the owners weigh in.

I got a 590 2 years ago, has the beefier motor and cast iron deflector. I never go above 400 degrees, so have no idea if either makes a difference, does RT not explain the new models and or compare to their replacements or upgrades?

I got a 590 2 years ago, has the beefier motor and cast iron deflector. I never go above 400 degrees, so have no idea if either makes a difference, does RT not explain the new models and or compare to their replacements or upgrades?
That's all good stuff but, will it explode is the question?

See I wonder if it’s a bigger fire box or if it’s RTD placement ect… just curious if an order one could be modded. Any mods on yours that could cause the low temp? Haven’t fired my used one up yet but the guy I got it from said it goes to 500. I’m putting a custom rain guard over the vents and adding a plate to the fire deflector to keep it from warping and putting a gasket and drip edge on the door. See how this works hopefully by this weekend.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back