Sold / Found What’s a BFG 2500 worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caitlincolorado

We are about to look at a used BFG at a so called “estate sale and restaurant liquidation”. Gentleman purchased in summer 2020 and used three times according to estate sellers. We’re assuming it has sat since, not sure how clean it is, free from mice etc.

We’re in Colorado but my brother lives 3 miles from RT headquarters and can get us whatever at the drop off a hat so I do not want to overpay

Attachments

• 2AC8528B-863E-4911-8FCC-7243882DAB9F.jpeg
    2AC8528B-863E-4911-8FCC-7243882DAB9F.jpeg
    355.3 KB · Views: 107
thats a nice looking grill as far as i can tell in the picture. second hand grill do not have a warranty but on a bfg thats not as big of a deal in my opinion because the body will last and its by far the most expensive part of that grill. they may not know what its worth so i would try to pick it up for 1k but wouldn’t go above 2k. i would estimate its second hand value at around 1800 thats my opinion.

Does look good from the pics.. bonus if it was kept indoors. I'm with @chadinsc in terms of cost. I'd think a good deal (well super deal) would be around $1k.. not the kind of unit folks are typically in the market for.

Do they even have a price listed?

Does look good from the pics.. bonus if it was kept indoors. I'm with @chadinsc in terms of cost. I'd think a good deal (well super deal) would be around $1k.. not the kind of unit folks are typically in the market for.

Do they even have a price listed?
She’s asking $2200 and has made other comments that she’s not haggling. Insert eye roll. I low balled out the gate at $1200 and she said she’d rather post on eBay before taking that offer. To me that’s hassle and and fees plus shipping, seems smart.
Our thoughts exactly, this is a huge unit that the typical backyard dude isn’t gonna pick up. You’ll need a trailer or 6 guys and a truck to handle the move haha.
No warranty, has sat for over a year and a half, no idea about mouse activity, appears to be kept indoors but unknown as well.

She’s asking $2200 and has made other comments that she’s not haggling. Insert eye roll. I low balled out the gate at $1200 and she said she’d rather post on eBay before taking that offer. To me that’s hassle and and fees plus shipping, seems smart.
Our thoughts exactly, this is a huge unit that the typical backyard dude isn’t gonna pick up. You’ll need a trailer or 6 guys and a truck to handle the move haha.
No warranty, has sat for over a year and a half, no idea about mouse activity, appears to be kept indoors but unknown as well.

At $2200 I'd prob walk but that's me. She will have a hard time like you say at that price due to the logistics and not something the everyday folk at looking for. The warranty aspect is not that big of a deal if the price was right but something that certainly adds value to the original purchaser.

i would think 1800 would be a fair price for both sides. i would try for 1500 if they turned down 1200. and if you really want it negotiate from there to an absolute max of 1800-2k depending on condition and function test it. the pellets in hopper may be bad now and stuck together but that’s ok. just need to plan to clean it. if your lucky it will have locked up auger and that can help with your negotiating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back