Went to the Dark side lol

Meshow67

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
Hello all, waiting on my RT-1250, hopefully things go smoothly with Estes as I have read some horror stories. I honestly thought I would never get a pellet grill. I have 4 Weber Smokey Mountains. 2-22's and 2-18's. Got into this about 11 years ago and have had nothing but good experiences with my Webers. I don't mind the babysitting, although I do have 3 Gurus for overnight smokes but I got tired of having to deal with a top and bottom grate on bigger cooks, multiple meats/dishes etc.

Anxious to scour these posts, I pretty much learned my craft on tvwbb.com.

Thanks,
Eric

Welcome @Meshow67! I think you're gonna get hooked and really enjoy your new RT pellet grill. I still have my first & only Weber Smokey Mountain, but rarely use it anymore. Pellet grills are just a different means to great food. None are perfect, including RT, but overall most of us seem to enjoy ours. Lots of great info & helpful people on this forum to answer any questions you might have.

Welcome @Meshow67! I think you're gonna get hooked and really enjoy your new RT pellet grill. I still have my first & only Weber Smokey Mountain, but rarely use it anymore. Pellet grills are just a different means to great food. None are perfect, including RT, but overall most of us seem to enjoy ours. Lots of great info & helpful people on this forum to answer any questions you might have.
Thank you Manny, can't wait to get this Bad Boy and cranking out some great BBQ!

Welcome aboard & good choice.. you will be happy. Like Manny says there are quirks with all brands but overall it works well in the grand scheme of things. Having multiple options is good.. don't kick the Webers or gassers if you have any to the just curb yet you may still find them useful.

Thank you! Definitely keeping the the WSMs. I am involved in Dog rescue, we have a comp here that I have been involved with since the early days, now it's a KCBS competition. We try to crank out as much food for People's choice. Also use them for our fundraisers. Plus when I travel it's easier to move those around.

Thank you! Definitely keeping the the WSMs. I am involved in Dog rescue, we have a comp here that I have been involved with since the early days, now it's a KCBS competition. We try to crank out as much food for People's choice. Also use them for our fundraisers. Plus when I travel it's easier to move those around.

Man.. I don't know how you can do dog rescue and sleep at night. I would have a house full of dogs.. I would fall for all of them. I can't bear to watch the ASPCA commercials.

Hats off to you for your service. Thank you for what you do.

Man.. I don't know how you can do dog rescue and sleep at night. I would have a house full of dogs.. I would fall for all of them. I can't bear to watch the ASPCA commercials.

My God, unlimited dogs and a grill. This is what dreams are made of 😁

I just got my 1250 a week ago and so far, love it. I came from a Kamado Joe and the only downside is that I felt like the Joe gave more grill / smoke flavor for normal higher temp cooking, but will work on that. The trade off for how easy it is to use this grill on a weeknight is well worth it. I LOVE being able to go out and push a button / turn a knob and the grill is preheating. It's definitely better flavor than my old gasser that I haven't used in ~5 years.

My God, unlimited dogs and a grill. This is what dreams are made of 😁
Uhm, isn't this the point where Chris (@Psycho) usually provides a pic like this?

Attachments

• dogs on grill 2021-11-09_12-05-12.jpg
    dogs on grill 2021-11-09_12-05-12.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 76

Thank you, yeah it can be emotional at times but I focus on the good. Proud to be a founding member of Dog Star rescue. Over 4000 dogs placed since 2014.

I have 2 passions in life, dogs and BBQ. I love that I can combine both with our BBQ team to bring new eyes to the rescue. We are all volunteers, we get paid in our hearts. Thank you for the kind words.

Congrats on your 1250, Eric......from another long time TVWBB member. Got mine 11 months ago.....zero issues that weren't caused by me. :)

Rich (Rich G @ TVWBB)
Learned so much, Chris has done an amazing job with that site. Now to find the "Kevin Kruger" of this forum lol.

Welcome! I bought my 590 in March 2020 after I got tired of my Weber. I owned two Webers before my 590. The first one was great and lasted 13 years. The second one was terrible and I was glad to give it away. I use my 590 4-5 times a week and love it. So does my wife since she has very little to do at dinner time!

Welcome! I bought my 590 in March 2020 after I got tired of my Weber. I owned two Webers before my 590. The first one was great and lasted 13 years. The second one was terrible and I was glad to give it away. I use my 590 4-5 times a week and love it. So does my wife since she has very little to do at dinner time!

What was the 2nd Weber model and what were the issues you had?

You will love the 1250, but keep the WSM. You can never have enough smokers/grills. I’m adding a Lang 36 Hybrid to my arsenal for those times I just want a stick burner. It’s nice to have numerous options, but my goto will always be my recteq.

"What a shame" your eyes are so dry watching the St. Jude commercials aren't they? I for one, for the life of me can understand why one would choose an a$$ sniffing dog over a child. Maybe you don't pal, but it sure sounds like it. Those little babies and children are the ones so pitiful. GO FIGURE

"What a shame" your eyes are so dry watching the St. Jude commercials aren't they? I for one, for the life of me can understand why one would choose an a$$ sniffing dog over a child. Maybe you don't pal, but it sure sounds like it. Those little babies and children are the ones so pitiful. GO FIGURE

LOL!! So many assumptions. Have a nice day brother. Hope you can find it in yourself to do so from the sound of it.

Folks like you are why dogs are a better choice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back