Weekend Smoke

I'm gonna need an address for this cook. That is quite as mess and a math nightmare to figure out. Good luck. I'll be curious to hear the results
Wrapped the brisket at 165 degrees in peach paper. Pulled the pork butt at 11:30am at 195 degrees. Pulled brisket at 12pm at 201 degrees. Pulled pork belly burnt ends at 3pm. Had dinner at 4pm. It was surprisingly easy and everything came out great. I highly recommend pork belly burnt ends! Melt in your mouth goodness.

Well, the leg of lamb didn’t get done as my wife came down with something and wasn’t feeling well. I’ll cook it in the next couple of days and freeze some portions. There will be another day.

Got the pork butts on at 5 yesterday evening. Let them ride at 180 for a couple of hours before turning it up to 225, where it stayed for the duration of the cook. Checked the app a couple of times throughout the night and everything ran smoothly. Rode out the stall without wrapping and pulled them when they hit 200 around 1 this afternoon. Great bark, and the meat was fall apart tender. Wrapped it up tight in foil and held in a cooler for several hours until meal time. It was a hit, even with the kids (except for the picky 6 year old niece who won’t eat it unless it’s a chicken nugget or a hot dog).

The mole bbq sauce was not so great. My fault, as I couldn’t resist adding a few things that weren’t in the recipe. Sometimes it works out, but this time it didn’t. Will try again but stick to the recipe to see how good it could have been. But that’s how we learn.

But it was a beautiful weekend, and anytime I get to fire up the Bull and spend time with family counts as a win for me. Happy Easter to all!!

0296DF47-21FF-4E10-9EE2-BDED04458BF5.jpeg

D1EF9738-81E8-4A53-8D0A-1ABDEE3D73B8.jpeg

FB644C78-CAA4-4B1D-9AB8-A76FBD71F325.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back