Wedding brisket bbq

Nope he's not awol! I did one brisket for the Friday party and smoked tofu as well. Turned out great.

I do have to say if your thinking " smoked tofu? " there's a big unmet demand for that if you into catering and restaurants.

But I also had to back fill with sams club brisket as other crisis came to the fore even for Friday night party, much less the wedding Saturday. Don't recommend back to back parties with hospital stays with sick parents. But it was great and thankfully I took the following week off to recover.

On thawing, it's OK. The sams stuff does better thawing. Mine seems tougher.

I did learn I think I'm cutting the flat off and doing them separate. By the time the point was done the flat was too dry. I also think I screwed up when I threw it in the cooler for 3 hour rest. The cooler was full of liquid after that and I won't say the meat was tender and juicy from doing that either.

No more long warm rests for the brisket and separate the flat for my next planned brisket.

On thawing, it's OK. The sams stuff does better thawing. Mine seems tougher.

I did learn I think I'm cutting the flat off and doing them separate. By the time the point was done the flat was too dry. I also think I screwed up when I threw it in the cooler for 3 hour rest. The cooler was full of liquid after that and I won't say the meat was tender and juicy from doing that either.

No more long warm rests for the brisket and separate the flat for my next planned brisket.
I do 3-4 hour brisket rests in a cooler routinely and haven’t experienced a lot of liquid loss. With mine, I put the brisket in a foil pan that will fit in the cooler, loosely drape foil over the top and wrap the package in 1-2 large towel(s), then place in the cooler. And, I prefer the soft, insulated coolers with a Zipper closure.

After a 3-4 hour rest done as per above, my brisket is still in the 155F temp range and very little liquid has been lost. Did you just put the brisket in the cooler without wrapping?

I do 3-4 hour brisket rests in a cooler routinely and haven’t experienced a lot of liquid loss. With mine, I put the brisket in a foil pan that will fit in the cooler, loosely drape foil over the top and wrap the package in 1-2 large towel(s), then place in the cooler. And, I prefer the soft, insulated coolers with a Zipper closure.

After a 3-4 hour rest done as per above, my brisket is still in the 155F temp range and very little liquid has been lost. Did you just put the brisket in the cooler without wrapping?
No it was wrapped but I guess leaking allot. It was a sopping mess in there

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wadefarm
Back