Wassup Peeps!

Bull & Eggs

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hello Rec Tec aficionados, I just wanted to give y'all a shout out and a thank you for all of the advise and input you have given me, without knowing.

14 years ago I bought a Large BGE with the table, and it was killer, amazing! But for most cooks it just plainly used too much lump charcoal for what I was cooking. So 2 months later I bought a Small BGE with table. 95% of my cooks are on the Small (it's actually not very small). It's been my workhorse. But to be honest, the smoke coming out off the Eggs is very pungent, and I ended up smelling like Egg exhaust smoke. My wife hates it. And more often than not, it takes a long time to mess with to get the temp right when it gets clogged with lump ash. It's a messy process, but I learned to deal with it. I reak every time I use it, it's annoying.

Anyways, I ordered a Bull, and the pallet should show up today. ( just received a call from the trucking company, it won't arrive until Monday... :( ) I spent (wasted?) several days trying to decide between the Stampede and the Bull. I loved them both. I was going back and forth with the pros/cons just to end another day without ordering a RecTec. And the final reason I decided on the Bull was for the Chimney Stack, Ahahahaaa!!

Peace Out!

you will love it !! Its funny because I struggled for about 3 weeks whether to buy the bull and when I finally pulled the trigger the week or so that followed was agonizing waiting for it to arrive.

Welcome B&E. We all think you are going to love your new cooker. Your Eggs will probably see less and less use now with the Bull in hand. The wait is killer, but oh so worth it in the end.

Welcome to the pellet party. I think you're gonna love the soft blue smoke flavor from the RecTec. The pellets always burn with blue smoke and none of the white/gray sooty smoke.

The first thing you'll notice is a lighter smoke flavor. You can do some things to add smoke. Many pelletheads use a smoke tube to burn chips or pellets to add smoke flavor. I've taken to running the pellet grill on LO/180F for a while to add smoke flavor, then stepping the temp up. You'll find what works for your tastes after some experience with it.

Hello Rec Tec aficionados, I just wanted to give y'all a shout out and a thank you for all of the advise and input you have given me, without knowing.

14 years ago I bought a Large BGE with the table, and it was killer, amazing! But for most cooks it just plainly used too much lump charcoal for what I was cooking. So 2 months later I bought a Small BGE with table. 95% of my cooks are on the Small (it's actually not very small). It's been my workhorse. But to be honest, the smoke coming out off the Eggs is very pungent, and I ended up smelling like Egg exhaust smoke. My wife hates it. And more often than not, it takes a long time to mess with to get the temp right when it gets clogged with lump ash. It's a messy process, but I learned to deal with it. I reak every time I use it, it's annoying.

Anyways, I ordered a Bull, and the pallet should show up today. ( just received a call from the trucking company, it won't arrive until Monday... :( ) I spent (wasted?) several days trying to decide between the Stampede and the Bull. I loved them both. I was going back and forth with the pros/cons just to end another day without ordering a RecTec. And the final reason I decided on the Bull was for the Chimney Stack, Ahahahaaa!!

Peace Out!
You are in for a treat. The Bull is amazing. I have an egg, too. Had it for 20 years. I still like it. It is a great pizza oven and great for searing steaks but the Bull is a different kind of thing. You will have a lot of fun. The technology is amazing. The materials used in the Bull are top quality. Customer service is great. too

If I had more space I would have gone with the bull but the stampede is just fine for my family of four.

I’ve used smoke tubes which help add a little more smoke. I’ve also just upgraded the heat diffuser to the heavy D HD diffuser. It burns actual wood blocks and chunks along the side of the fire pot and it’s much thicker than the stock diffuser. I’m still experimenting with it but at least I don’t have to worry about my old diffuser warping during a cool.

i keep seeing post saying to use fire bricks, or the heavy d will sit right on the fire pot. Did you find this neccessary with the 590?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back