Bull use for juice?

spartanhuntr

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Doing ribs today. 3-2-1. In the foil I put my brown sugar, honey, a little more seasoning and then spritz it with 3/4 apple juice 1/4 water.

When i opened the foil it was a steamy, mushy goodness. My plan was to lather them up with our favorite bbq sauce. BUT... i had that goodness in the foil. Do you all use that stuff to baste? Keep it for something else? Or just toss it?

well. I did both. I used our favorite honey bbq sauce for one slab. Kept a second slab as dry rub. And then added just a touch of cornstarch in to the yummy goodness to make what was essentially my own sauce. As stated it was brown sugar, dash of apple juice, honey and Rec Tec honey rib rub in the foil for the 2 hours in the 3-2-1. The extra juice turned sauce was a HIT. And it will be a new normal for us. In fact, i do not think we will use our favorite hone bbq sauce in the future.

Any others out there do something like this?

Attachments

• Ribs_3_21_20.jpg
    Ribs_3_21_20.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 80
well. I did both. I used our favorite honey bbq sauce for one slab. Kept a second slab as dry rub. And then added just a touch of cornstarch in to the yummy goodness to make what was essentially my own sauce. As stated it was brown sugar, dash of apple juice, honey and Rec Tec honey rib rub in the foil for the 2 hours in the 3-2-1. The extra juice turned sauce was a HIT. And it will be a new normal for us. In fact, i do not think we will use our favorite hone bbq sauce in the future.

Meat candy!

Yeah, that sauce is made from the best stuff possible- meat juices, honey, brown sugar, apple juice. I do add red pepper flakes for that spark of warmth. I usually just boil it down slowly until its the thickness how I like. Sometimes goes on the ribs directly, sometimes as a dipping sauce for those that want. All good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back