Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Kabobs and ABT's

Kabobs ABTs.JPG

IMG_1189.JPG

Last edited:
Nothing fancy for dinner tonight, thanks to Mother Nature. However, last night I made some really great Beef ribs, Korean style.

Flanken ribs.jpg

sauce.jpg

Overnight marinade with the remaining of these two, plus a generous mop before flipping. They were great. I don't usually find these around here.

Never had Korean style...need to check it out.

Nothing fancy for dinner tonight, thanks to Mother Nature. However, last night I made some really great Beef ribs, Korean style.

View attachment 3019
View attachment 3020knew
Overnight marinade with the remaining of these two, plus a generous mop before flipping. They were great. I don't usually find these around here.
Flanken style? I can get them, never knew what to do with them. Looks like a small about of meat per strip. How many per person?

I would day between 1-2 per person, unless you have a teenage son that works out☺ There was a pretty decent amount of meat on them and not too much fat. They went well with a big batch of stir fry rice with a bunch of veggies tossed in. I ended up cutting between the bones to make them a little less messy to eat. I usually don't do overnight marinades, but did so with these. If you can get them, I would suggest trying them out. This is the first time I have seen them at my store.

Looks great. Of all the things I've made, never made kabobs. Gotta try it. How long for the chicken?
Put on 450 for 15 min then on low smoke about 30 min, then bumped to 375 for 30-45 min. I used a thermometer, even with the small pieces, and pulled at 165. Chicken was a little dry though. Flavor was really good.

I would day between 1-2 per person, unless you have a teenage son that works out☺ There was a pretty decent amount of meat on them and not too much fat. They went well with a big batch of stir fry rice with a bunch of veggies tossed in. I ended up cutting between the bones to make them a little less messy to eat. I usually don't do overnight marinades, but did so with these. If you can get them, I would suggest trying them out. This is the first time I have seen them at my store.
Thanks. Going to give it a try.

To keep that chicken from drying out make your skewers with just 1 ingredient.
Skewers with chicken, skewers with just squash and so on. Then you can pull off the heat as each item is cooked to perfection!
It is not as pretty and you have to pull all the food off the skewers before serving but you will
have each item cooked to the proper temp.
Horns Out!

I'm gonna do that next time. Almost did this time, but I'm hard headed.

Split turkey breast. Commercially honey brined, all purpose rub, on pit at 225 for 2 hours, then pumped up volume to 375 for about 1 more hour until IT hit 162. Pulled off the pit and during the rest it went up to 166 IT. Very juicy and all of it was devoured by the family in minutes. Easy and one of my favorite cooks. I think I posted a more detailed version of the cook previously.

Attachments

• Split Turkey Breast.jpg
    Split Turkey Breast.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 68
  • Split plated..jpg
    Split plated..jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 67
That looks really good! Got turkey breast on the menu for the weekend.

Fast easy lollipop chicken, kids love this, and not a big mess!.

Attachments

• Chicken.png
    Chicken.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 79

View attachment 3019
View attachment 3020

Bulgogi marinade is magic in a jar ?

We did hot wings, and I have to say that this was the first time that I tried this on a grill. Having that bit of smokiness really added to the flavor profile. Very pleased with how they turned out.

Happy grill'n! Loving the new Rec Tec!

Darrell

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I smell smoke
Back