Bullseye Test Mode

Hogman3

Military Veteran
Press and hold the Temp Display button and the Down Arrow at the same time. 8888 will appear on the screen. Once it does, let go. Click Temp Display and 01.01 will appear, press Temp Display again to get to 5-1. This is copied and pasted from the Bullseye owner's manual. When I did the test earlier this morning, instead of displaying 01.01 it displayed 01.03. The rest of the test worked as advertised. I just got this grill June 26 of this year and have used it for several cooks. I'm just curious if this difference in codes should be any cause for concern. Thanks for any & all feedback.

I've used test mode to clear auger jams from water. I'm not sure about the display something different. Maybe try again and see. I don't remember the exact codes but those look familiar.

Press and hold the Temp Display button and the Down Arrow at the same time. 8888 will appear on the screen. Once it does, let go. Click Temp Display and 01.01 will appear, press Temp Display again to get to 5-1. This is copied and pasted from the Bullseye owner's manual. When I did the test earlier this morning, instead of displaying 01.01 it displayed 01.03. The rest of the test worked as advertised. I just got this grill June 26 of this year and have used it for several cooks. I'm just curious if this difference in codes should be any cause for concern. Thanks for any & all feedback.
The 01.0x is the version of the software of your Bullseye. Nothing to be concerned about.

9BEE3E11-E4B3-461A-A187-B433BCBB1E11.jpeg

The 01.0x is the version of the software of your Bullseye. Nothing to be concerned about.

View attachment 17494
Thank you, that makes sense. The only reason I even ran the test was because I vacuumed out the pellets in the hopper and replaced them with a blend of mesquite, cherry, and hickory (Kingsford from Wal-mart). I guess the bottom line is; if it ain’t broke, don’t mess with it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back