Bull Temperature chart data unavailable after exactly 9 hours - can’t recover in IOS App

Oldboy

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hi!
just completed my first long cook (11 hour pork butt) with my new Bull. This is an amazing machine compared to the pellet grill it replaced!

Exactly 9 hours into the cook, the app Temperature Chart data will no longer display. Get a message saying grill is disconnected and data is not available. However, the app continues to show set point, current grill temperature and probe temperatures, and I can still change alarms and set point, and current temp status continues to update.

I have seen several other threads on this issue and the recovery work around appears to be to change time reporting settings to get the chart to come back. I am running the IOS app on my iphone. However, I can’t find time reporting settings in the IOS app. Are those unique to the Android app? Any hints as to how to find them on my IOS app?

Also, has this problem been reported to Rec Tec?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
Lou

I run IOS and on long cooks change the time to 15 minutes and it works. I can make the change after the error and the graph will come back.

Quite honestly I look at the graph but don't really do any thing with it.

Yes, should be able to change recording time. I personally very seldom look at graph. I watch it close enough on RT app and the Inkbird app

The graphs have allways been hit or miss in the little over the year I have had my Bull and seeing you can't store them somewhere or add a cook note and recipe to it makes them almost useless. I really don't use the graphs much. I would love to see a cook timer you could manually start and stop. Also a cook temperature set and automatically increase after this much time or when the internal food temperature gets to a temperature you program in would be great, I do set up my probe alerts to notify me to manually change the cook temperatures. These features would make the RecTec grills the ultimate lazy don't have to get off the couch grill.

My Fireboard when it is working shows every thing. Check it out "IF'" your into graphs & time info.
Dan

Thanks for the replies and info on alternatives. I’ll try changing the recording time if I can find it for my upcoming brisket cook.

I like to look at the graph to see the temperature rise vs time to forecast when food will be done so my wife knows when to have the sides ready and/or the company knows when we’ll be eating.

It would be interesting if the app estimated remaining time to the food alarm temperature based on a user set running temperature rise interval (like last 20, 30, 60 minutes).

I’m a data trend junky at heart....
Lou

Thanks for the replies and info on alternatives. I’ll try changing the recording time if I can find it for my upcoming brisket cook.

I like to look at the graph to see the temperature rise vs time to forecast when food will be done so my wife knows when to have the sides ready and/or the company knows when we’ll be eating.

It would be interesting if the app estimated remaining time to the food alarm temperature based on a user set running temperature rise interval (like last 20, 30, 60 minutes).

I’m a data trend junky at heart....
Lou
I have found you can't change the recording time on the graphs until it goes past the time you want to change it too, generally have mine set to 30 minuets but when I check before that time it is down to 10 to 15 minuets and have to reset it to the 30 minuets. I too would love to see the time remaining on the cook but every piece of meat is different and would take a crazy algorithm to make this happen. Best info I can give you after many late finished cooks, angry wife, it's best to start many hours early and then keep the cook warm wrapped up inside a prewarmed up cooler.

ok, thanks for the nuance mastertech59! :ROFLMAO: Been there done that on the angry wife! After 35 years she know my forecasting limitations better than I and her expectations are now set accordingly. Always under promise and over perform for all around happiness both at home and work. Warming drawer helps too...

ok, thanks for the nuance mastertech59! :ROFLMAO: Been there done that on the angry wife! After 35 years she know my forecasting limitations better than I and her expectations are now set accordingly. Always under promise and over perform for all around happiness both at home and work. Warming drawer helps too...
We're working on 37 years later this year and every day is still a work in process, that's a good thing it keeps things interesting and would never want to have it any other way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back