Stampede vs. Bull Warranty

Geo

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
About ready to place order, but would appreciate your thoughts on the warranty difference in the Stampede and the Bull. Is 4 years vs. 6 years enough to justify the Bull if one doesn’t need the additional space?
TIA

Not in my opinion.

Any mechanical or electronic part which could go bad under warranty over that two year difference, the auger, the PID controller, is cheaper to replace out of pocket than the price difference between the two.

And thats IF you have a failure of either of those parts at sometime between 4yrs and 730 days of ownership.

Reactions: Geo
I would generally agree with @SlowmotionQue as a practical matter. The electronics are the same, the other parts fairly similar. Electronics that are defective will usually fail early in their life cycle. However, and this isn't always easy to realize, if you are someone who isn't particularly OCD and isn't a maintenance freak the added warrantee period might come in handy. Likewise if your storage/use conditions are more rigorous/invasive. And then there's tolerance for risk to consider, for some it's comforting to have the extra protection regardless of cost or other considerations.

Well it's hard to say as neither has been around long enough to know what the problem areas may be, and stuff happens, but I doubt that would ever make up the cost. So I agree with the previous posters, but I will add that while it's true that most electronics will fail early if they are going to fail, these electronics are used in fairly extreme conditions as they spend time exposed to the elements and there can be a lot of heat coming off the grill. Keep in mind most pellet grills come with 3 year warranties, so 4 is already pretty good while 6 is flat out excellent.

I'd base the decision mostly on the size. As mentioned in other threads the Bull also has thicker gauge stainless steel but I'm not sure that makes any difference in performance or longevity. I do think the Bull is worth the extra money, it's just a matter of whether or not you need (or want) what it offers. I didn't.

About ready to place order, but would appreciate your thoughts on the warranty difference in the Stampede and the Bull. Is 4 years vs. 6 years enough to justify the Bull if one doesn’t need the additional space?
TIA
If you don't foresee yourself ever using or wanting the extra space then no I most likely wouldn't buy the Rec Tec RT-700 just for the extra warranty.

Truth be told these machines are very well built and will last you much longer than any of the two warranties.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrew550
Back