SmokeFire Returned, Back to RecTec

My Bull arrived today and I am super impressed with the build quality! It's one thing to read about it, but it's another thing to see and feel it. Man is it heavy! I didn't have enough time to actually fire it up, so I am looking forward to that tomorrow. Will post about the startup and some pics of the first cooks.
We got ours on the same day! I had one hiccup. It was supposed to come today... so I get a call at work saying the truck is in front of my house... and I told them, that's great, but you gave me the wrong date! So I got him to come back at the end of the day. 5:30pm last night. So it is safe and sound in the garage waiting for me to visit it and do the assembly today.

We got ours on the same day! I had one hiccup. It was supposed to come today... so I get a call at work saying the truck is in front of my house... and I told them, that's great, but you gave me the wrong date! So I got him to come back at the end of the day. 5:30pm last night. So it is safe and sound in the garage waiting for me to visit it and do the assembly today.
Oh, I didn't even think to ask that. I was expecting them to call 30 minutes ahead, but nope he called when he was at my house. He ended up just leaving it sitting in front of my garage and I used a couple furniture dollys to get the pallet moved inside.

Point of interest. Back when some of us bought a couple years ago they would send the phone numbers of the owners so that anybody could get in touch if they felt the need. Some recent buyers have said no such info was included (perhaps missed seeing that card). Is that what you're referring to?
The phone numbers of both owners were included in my 700. On the paper that says, save me. I called and spoke to one of the owners. They do answer. Not common in business.

The phone numbers of both owners were included in my 700. On the paper that says, save me. I called and spoke to one of the owners. They do answer. Not common in business.

Attachments

• 4BB8079E-A173-40F5-BD53-54E98E3D4930.jpeg
    4BB8079E-A173-40F5-BD53-54E98E3D4930.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 73
I finally seen a SmokeFire in person...and even though I have nothing against Weber, I have to say that they felt like they were made of paper compared to my RT700 Bull.
Like posted earlier today, nothing is perfect. If it were, we'd all own the same grill same car, have the same house....
But I'm pretty confident those of you that switched to RT...are going to be happy with them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back