Stampede Smoke Flavor

I picked up a heavy-d from smoke daddy and used it for the first time today. worked great! Much better smoke flavor for me - tho the family likes the light pellet flavor better.
To get the wood chunks lit I set it to 270 to start, I could see (and smell) the smoke once the chunks lit (actually a bit before it hit 270) and then turned it back down to 225. I did not have to crack the top open or futz with the temp while the wood chunks were smoking - the 590 cruised steadily @225 the entire cook.
Where are you placing the wood chunk?

I know some folks have put in fire bricks to raise it in the Bull, but I did not and it works fine.
I was wondering about this myself. I bought the heavy D weeks ago but have yet to use it because I hadn't purchased firebrick yet. So no issues whatsoever with the heavy D sitting lower on the fire pot? Thanks!

I was wondering about this myself. I bought the heavy D weeks ago but have yet to use it because I hadn't purchased firebrick yet. So no issues whatsoever with the heavy D sitting lower on the fire pot? Thanks!
No problems at all. I’ve had the SD in for at least a year now, probably longer, and although I don’t load it with wood chunks often, it works as a deflector perfectly.

No problems at all. I’ve had the SD in for at least a year now, probably longer, and although I don’t load it with wood chunks often, it works as a deflector perfectly.
Great to hear! I'm gonna give it a spin tomorrow. Thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigfishri
Back