RT-700 foil-lined drip pan shredding

Paul&Cynthia

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-680
We have had our RT-700 for a year now (still love it!) and noticed each time when we are ready to grill the foil from the drip pan is shredded into pieces. We didn’t notice this initially but now notice it each time we grill. The foil is in tact after we grill. We have had to change it each time we are ready to grill. Any ideas as to why this is happening or how we can prevent it. Thanks
Paul&Cynthia

We have had our RT-700 for a year now (still love it!) and noticed each time when we are ready to grill the foil from the drip pan is shredded into pieces. We didn’t notice this initially but now notice it each time we grill. The foil is in tact after we grill. We have had to change it each time we are ready to grill. Any ideas as to why this is happening or how we can prevent it. Thanks
Paul&Cynthia
I'd suggest replacing the foil shortly after your cook. The longer the grease sits, the more it deteriorates the foil.

I hate to tell you this, but I would suspect that “critters” are the culprit; probably mice. They are able to climb electrical cords, covers, etc. and can get in through very small openings.
Makes sense. Everything inside the grill probably smells VERY good to critters........

Paul&Cynthia
If you do have a critter problem you might want to invest in a grease drain plug like this one. The drain is an open door for mice and other things. If you don’t like this one, there are several other options out there if you do some searching.

No one likes low n’ slow mouse turds. 😂

Definitely Critters, happens to me all the time on my small gasser I use for searing!

I had the same problem. Additionally, found droppings in the smoke chute leading to the chimney. I live in Florida so it could have been many different critters. My solution was to cover both the grease drain chute and the top of the chimney with a gallon freezer bag. Use a rubber band to hold them in place. So far so good (couple of months)....and yes, I was surprised nothing has chewed through them yet.

Those are my Etsy items, thanks for the plug (lol). I have a few smoke stack cover options as well and the grease drain plug linked above. So far keeping my rodents out.

Those are my Etsy items, thanks for the plug (lol). I have a few smoke stack cover options as well and the grease drain plug linked above. So far keeping my rodents out.
I have bought these products and they work well. Chris does not pay me for the endorsement. I just like his work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back