Bull RT-700 Caster Replacement - Good, Easy and Affordable Solution

BugEater Keven

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
All,

Good News - After being frustrated and angry about the substandard quality of the RT-700 casters (i have replaced them at least three times under warranty), I finally found a viable solution that works. Basically, I replaced the existing casters with casters of the same height, but much better quality. These new casters are not stem casters, but casters with a threaded hole instead of a stem. Here is the solution:

1 - Buy two casters from L.G. Rathburn company in Denver Colorado (303) 744-2713.
Part Number: -2-2250-52-BRK1 BOLT HOLE SW CS (These cost $26.73 each)

2 - Buy two bolts which go through the hole in the casters and two washers for each
Bolt Description: Metric M12x1.75 (I think 1.5" long)

3 - Carefully disassemble the casters one at a time to put the bolts through the hole in the caster, then reassemble them.

The beauty of this solution is, you only have to replace the casters since they are the correct height, the other two non-castering wheels do not have to be replaced nor modified in any way.

The sales person i spoke to was Eric - I described the problem and he came up with the solution immediately - and it worked perfectly. Just remind him that I was the guy with the Rectec RT-700 who needed to replace the crappy casters used on the RT-700.

Good Luck Fellas - I've been trying to find a solution like this for over a year! - Why Rectec couldn't figure this out and provide viable replacement parts I will never understand.

IMG_3862.jpg
IMG_3863.jpg

Correction: Company Name for the Casters is L.G. Rathbun (not Rathburn)

Sorry Guys, a couple of additional details that I left out in my original post:
You will need two washers for the bolts (two for each caster).
The bolt length was 1.25" I believe, not 1.5"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back