Bull RT-700 alternative handle options?

burns

I'm about to order my first recteq (rt700)..... but to me, it's literally the ugliest pellet grill on the market BUT it has all of the features I want, so I've accepted it and I know it's not about looks but holy crap this thing is ugly. Has anyone ever tried replacing the ugly bull horn handles with something a little less cheesy? Just curious. No biggie if not.

Thanks!

I’m right there with you! I know the horns are a selling point, and most people (including my wife) love them, but aesthetically I’m not a fan. Having said that, they really are very ergonomic, feel great in the hand with a very positive grip.

I like the looks of the Bull, it's better looking then some of recteq's other models. As far as handles go try using a stainless steel grab bar for a bathroom.

Attachments

• brushed-stainless-steel-glacier-bay-grab-bars-20135-03202-18-64_1000.jpg
    brushed-stainless-steel-glacier-bay-grab-bars-20135-03202-18-64_1000.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 90
I agree. When I first looked at a Rec Teq I Said I would never buy one just because of the horns. My wife likes to remind me that I said it LOL. Oh well, I’ve said dumber things before. I don’t mind them now that I have the grill but would still prefer a solid bar handle.

I’m right there with you! I know the horns are a selling point, and most people (including my wife) love them, but aesthetically I’m not a fan. Having said that, they really are very ergonomic, feel great in the hand with a very positive grip.
What do looks have to do with it being a good cooking machine???

You know, I reckon I've never thought about how they look. Guess that means I like them, or I don't think anything of them. The wife has mentioned she thinks they're cool, so, I'm sure she's right ;).

MT59's grab bar idea is the best replacement I can think of, too. A little googling for BBQ parts might find you some options, maybe something here would work. Another would be something like this, but I'm having a hard time seeing a pair of those spring handle things looking better than the horns. I've never done business with any of these folks, just throwing out ideas. Who knows, the horns might grow on you once you get your grill.

What do looks have to do with it being a good cooking machine???
Nothing. And obviously it didn’t bother those of us who don’t like then enough to pass on Rec Tec but we do have a right to our opinion. And my opinion is I’d rather not have them if I had a choice.

I'm about to order my first recteq (rt700)..... but to me, it's literally the ugliest pellet grill on the market BUT it has all of the features I want, so I've accepted it and I know it's not about looks but holy crap this thing is ugly. Has anyone ever tried replacing the ugly bull horn handles with something a little less cheesy? Just curious. No biggie if not.

Thanks!

Thanks!
I’d rather grab a bull by the horns any day than a towel bar. Just sayin’ ;)

I’d rather grab a bull by the horns any day than a towel bar. Just sayin’ ;)

I like your reply BansheeChick, in my avatar you can see I use The pit boss for storage/garbage can, I went shopping at Lowe’s, Home Depot and Walmart, nothing looks as more badass then the Bull. I wanted it because of the horns and purchased it because of all the qualities. If they think it’s ugly then they probably hate dodge ram trucks, diesels and love the Toyota Prius.

I like your reply BansheeChick, in my avatar you can see I use The pit boss for storage/garbage can, I went shopping at Lowe’s, Home Depot and Walmart, nothing looks as more badass then the Bull. I wanted it because of the horns and purchased it because of all the qualities. If they think it’s ugly then they probably hate dodge ram trucks, diesels and love the Toyota Prius.
Welcome to the forums and great first post. (y) ;) :cool:

Yuppa, I am completely a Dodge Ram 12 valve fan my first had 675,000 when I sold it, and the next one had 497,000 and was a 4X4 dually. I want another 12 valve.

2 3/4” sch40 90s and a piece of pipe in between with one end of each of the 90s with a piece of flat plate welded on it. ALL TIG welded, brushed and polished.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back