Roasting Pan question

jasonj

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
Hey Guys-

Quick question-- I'm going to do a roast lamb on Sunday and would like to make a nice gravy with the drippings. Any concerns with using some sort of a drip pan in the RT-1250?

Open to thoughts/recommendations-- thanks!

Jason

I do this often, so no concerns at all. The foil pans are popular, but I use stainless hotel pans with a cooling rack on the top. The stainless pans cost more than the foil pans initially, but they will last forever.

I do this often, so no concerns at all. The foil pans are popular, but I use stainless hotel pans with a cooling rack on the top. The stainless pans cost more than the foil pans initially, but they will last forever.
I definitely need to pick up a couple stainless pans

I use the big pack of aluminum pans from Costco. I keep 2 different sizes so depending on the size of what's cooking I can fit it.

Hey Guys-

Quick question-- I'm going to do a roast lamb on Sunday and would like to make a nice gravy with the drippings. Any concerns with using some sort of a drip pan in the RT-1250?

Open to thoughts/recommendations-- thanks!

Jason
A little water or broth in the pan will help preserve the drippings. Without it I’ve had the drippings evaporate and burn in the pan.

Edit: this is temperature dependent, but I had a shallow pan under the grate, sitting on the drip tray directly above the heat deflector.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gymanji
Back