Rec Teq 700 shipping problem / issue

robjust

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Good morning ! I have patiently been waiting for our RT700 to arrive. It was originally going to be delivered on Dec 16th with Estes. When it did not arrive, I called Estes on the 17th. They said they only service the area on Wednesday and it did not make it on the truck on the 16th, but that they would deliver it this coming Wednesday 12/23. Last night at dinner, I get a text from Estes saying my shipment has delivered...but it has not. They do not even service the area on Monday. So I called them this morning, and they said it was on a truck, but they thought it returned. When I asked why it is showing delivered, they are really confused, maybe a shipping clerk error, but not sure. They are going to check with the district, or terminal manager and get back.

I know I should be more patient and relax, but there is a part of my freaking out a bit.

I would suggest calling recteq customer service. As the shipper they can run this down for you. Service I got from Estes was very slow. They tell you what you want to hear to get you off the phone. Took a week for recteq to ship, two days for Estes to pick it up, three days from GA to delivery terminal in TX then 6 days waiting on final mile delivery. This is what I received. Double pallets with unit on it's side. I was really surprised at not finding any damage. Final mile was done by a mom and pop company here in Austin called A&A delivery. A 12-13 year old kid walked up the driveway, asked where I wanted the pallet placed then gave orders to the driver.

Attachments

• IMG-5276.jpg
    IMG-5276.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 112
Thanks GrillIndy and gwrace1. Matthew at RecTeq customer service is helping as I type this. Was just nervous, but believe it is going to work out. Have a very Merry Christmas guys, and thanks again.

@gwrace1 W.T.H. its strapped to one pallet and the put it on its side on another. what were they smokin?

mine came UPS (2 years ago), overall not bad. the pallet was destroyed but the Bull was fine.

Shipping with COVID just amped the nightmare for everyeone.

@gwrace1 W.T.H. its strapped to one pallet and the put it on its side on another. what were they smokin?

mine came UPS (2 years ago), overall not bad. the pallet was destroyed but the Bull was fine.

Shipping with COVID just amped the nightmare for everyeone.
I don't think they're smokin' meats :ROFLMAO:

Just be glad they can't use the USPS. I have a $500 package I've been waiting on since Dec 2nd. They finally quit texting updates on the 10th. My wife mailed 5 boxes of Christmas presents to her sister in Germany on the 16th via USPS, they picked them up from our front porch. I laughed saying they will get to Germany before I get my package. Well, it happened. Her sister called today thinking her for all the gifts. Still no word on my package.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back