Rec Tec app

tpack

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Can you view your temp and controls and settings on you computer or do you have to use your phone only using the app..

There isn't a website or PC app, only the Android and iOS apps. You might be able to use an Android emulator on a PC with the Android app but I haven't tried that.

I did hear yesterday from the ongoing Apple WWDC (virtual) that in the future (estimated 2 years) when Apple starts producing it's own silicon and moves to the Big Sur OS (Catalina successor), that all of the iOS apps will be able to be run on a Mac. Check the Apple for details, but I think I have that correct....

There isn't a website or PC app, only the Android and iOS apps. You might be able to use an Android emulator on a PC with the Android app but I haven't tried that.

Mooncusser, this will work. Well, in theory. :) I have not tried it with the Rec Tec App, but I will. I currently run DroidX as an Android emulator on my touchscreen laptop and play an Android game so the Rec Tec App 'should' work the same way. What a concept, turn on my grill, monitor cooking, and getting notified when done all while playing a game all on the same device. Glad someone thought of that LOL

Mooncusser, this will work. Well, in theory. :) I have not tried it with the Rec Tec App, but I will. I currently run DroidX as an Android emulator on my touchscreen laptop and play an Android game so the Rec Tec App 'should' work the same way. What a concept, turn on my grill, monitor cooking, and getting notified when done all while playing a game all on the same device. Glad someone thought of that LOL
Keep us posted, I'll be curious how that works out.

Keep us posted, I'll be curious how that works out.
Ok, the emulator I was using (Droid4X) needed to be updated before I was able to install the Rec Tec App. However, I was spending too much time trying to find an updated version that wasn't in chinese. I ended up going with another Android emulator called Nox App Player. I don't know much about this emulator but it did allow me to install the Rec Tec App. I was then able to login to the App using the same login as my phone and it already saw my grill. The only thing I have to figure out now is, it wont let me scroll down far enough to slide the on bar to turn the grill on. I did, however, turned the grill on using my phone and the App on the Android emulator changed to reflect what was on my phone. So it did work, I just need to find out how to adjust the window to be able to turn the grill on and off.

There's an app called bluestacks on my pc that will emulate an android phone. I can watch a live feed or recordings from my blink security cams. Not sure if your able to do rec tec, but I don't see why not if it allows you to download from the play store. Unfortunately my grill won't be here for a couple more weeks, otherwise I would try it for you.

I started out with Bluestacks. I kept having ghost click issues and crashed during a game I was playing so I tried another emulator. I liked it too.

I just downloaded it on bluestacks. Don't have the grill yet but the app does open. However, bluestacks is slowwwwwww.

I don't blame you for switching, games would be brutal.

It's been a while for me using Bluestacks but look in the settings and see if you can change the CPU and the Memory. I would change those settings to at least half of what your system is. Also check your graphics mode, if you have it set to OpenGL change it to DirectX.

Will try, thx

Edit: just tried your suggestions and worked really well. I'm not gaming but Blink loads really fast now. Thanks for the tip !!!!

Last edited:
Glad I could help, the graphics mode probably made the biggest difference, OpenGL seems to slow everything down LOL

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back