Bull Reayd to get the horns in the mail!

And it is here! Only took a week. Shipped Thursday, email yesterday from Estes scheduling it for 1-5 today, showed up at 1 pm on the dot. Now for assembly... Any tips?

if you have an extra hand when it comes time to upright it helps otherwise it can be done alone if necessary.

Easy overall.. watch the video before and it should clarify anything.

If by the 3rd beer it is not done something is wrong.

Some like the horns pointing up, and some like them pointing down.
If there's damage you can live with, call them for some kind of freebies to make it right.
Money saver: I use cheap Solo cups in the drip bucket. Toss and replace.

Have fun!

if you have an extra hand when it comes time to upright it helps otherwise it can be done alone if necessary.

Easy overall.. watch the video before and it should clarify anything.

If by the 3rd beer it is not done something is wrong.
Yeah, pretty simple assembly - took maybe an hour by myself (with an assist from my wife to stand it up). I watched the video a couple of times, and paused my way through it in the process. Easy wifi connection and app setup. Burn in done. Looking forward to using it now.

Only thing is I ended up with extra washers - I hate extra parts, always makes me feel like I missed something. But nope, I visually inspected everything and washers are where they belong. And mine came with foam pads that I had to assume went between the horns and the lid but didn't show up in either of the videos I watched on Youtube.

Good luck with the grill. Looks like you’ve got a good sous chef!

I have a feeling you're speaking from experience:D
Actually no, but here's a picture of horns mounted on the inside. Some flip 180 so horns are outside.
3730.jpg

Last edited:
Day 9 for me waiting. Each day the Estes shipping details just tack on a day to the estimated delivery. First date was 2 days ago, now today they updated to tomorrow. If this happens one more day I think I'll call.

Does the tracking number say that it’s arrived at your local terminal yet? If it’s not there, you’ll probably just have to wait. But if it’s been chillin’ at the local terminal for a couple of days, call the terminal. Mine was hung up for a week and a half, due to missing paperwork. If I hadn’t called, it would probably still be there.

My 700 took about 2 weeks to arrive -- ordered 6/23 and arrived 7/8. I'm in the Houston area.

I assembled by myself and didn't have any problems except I did have to tap one of the holes in the leg for the horizontal leg support.

Does the tracking number say that it’s arrived at your local terminal yet? If it’s not there, you’ll probably just have to wait. But if it’s been chillin’ at the local terminal for a couple of days, call the terminal. Mine was hung up for a week and a half, due to missing paperwork. If I hadn’t called, it would probably still be there.
Nope, not yet, so I'll wait. The Estes date just got moved to Monday the 19th now which would take it to the 2 week mark from ordering. I'm getting antsy, haha!

Day 9 for me waiting. Each day the Estes shipping details just tack on a day to the estimated delivery. First date was 2 days ago, now today they updated to tomorrow. If this happens one more day I think I'll call.
I was in the same boat until someone told me to call the HoustonEstes delivery service and schedule a pickup. The employee was very friendly. I’ll get it 3 days sooner if I pick it up myself.

Late,
Cox

@frankpizz you should call Rec Teq customer service. They can reach out to the shipper to see what the holdup is. It has helped several folks in the past.

@frankpizz you should call Rec Teq customer service. They can reach out to the shipper to see what the holdup is. It has helped several folks in the past.
Turns out they delivered it on Sunday out of the blue without any updates on the tracking. So I was happy about that. I wasn't home though, so they dropped it off in my backyard. Got home from a small vacation on Tuesday and built it that day. Doing the first burn today! 🔥

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back