Stampede Probe alarm

Traveler

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Did something change? I set the probe alarms but don’t get any notifications when it reaches set temp. Notifications are turned on on my phone but nothing.

It's a known issue by everyone except for Recteq apparently. They continually tell us that they're aware of the issue and have addressed it after every single holiday or high-volume weekend and yet it goes unresolved. For those that use this feature this is a big deal. It ruins the experience and we paid a lot for this feature. Telling me to use a secondary solution isn't what I paid $1,000 for. I could have got something for a few hundred bucks if my intention was to use a 3rd party solution.

I would HIGHLY recommend you contact them. They need to know it's an issue and my guess is that, thanks to forums like this and others, people simply search the issue and find out that it's not just them and then give up. Everyone who is inconvenienced by this needs to contact Recteq. They're acting like they didn't sell a feature that they need to support after the fact and it's going to cost them big time in terms of their reputation long-term.

Yes, same problem here, today. I had only read about it in the past because I hadn’t done any cooks on busy holidays. Fired up the 590 today to finish off a brisket I had started in the WSM. No notifications. I remember when I bought my 590, notifications were not working at all for most users. They finally got notifications working but they have yet to remedy the busy server issue. If they can’t do it right it should not be advertised.
I have experienced good customer service in the past but it seems like they won’t own up to this shortcoming or remedy it (that I am aware of). I will be contacting them.

I'd like to know WHY is has to connect to their servers in the first place. Anyone know?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WiFiGuru
Back