Practical experience with Meater+?

Please forgive me- I’m late to the party, as usual.
As another Combustion owner, I’ve chatted with Chris Young a few times, and a cloud-based solution (which he likened to Tile) is in the works for long distance monitoring, as are some more graphing and alarm features. His biggest priority, however, is getting the algorithms correct for low and slow cooks, as well as carryover cooking predictions, so we’ll see when the other things come out.

The biggest issue I’ve come across with the Combustion is that, just like Greg, my battery life didn’t make it through my last brisket cook. If all I cared about was the temperature and not the predictions, I’ve got 3 probes, so this would be no big deal. But if I care about the predictions, swapping out probes isn’t ideal, and as a beta tester, I can’t send accurate CSV data to help improve the algorithm.
I’m going to test it out a little more and hope that I’ve just done something stupid that affected the battery life.

How long did your probes make it, @Greg Jones ?

Last edited:
How long did your probes make it, @Greg Jones ?
I’ve only used it once on a long (22 hours) brisket and the two probes went dead overnight. So, I dunno. I didn’t check the CSV data on that cook-probably should have. Since then, I’ve only used my wired probes on long cooks. When we see the next app update, I’ll be willing to try a long cook with the CPT and a wired thermometer.

I’ve only used it once on a long (22 hours) brisket and the two probes went dead overnight. So, I dunno. I didn’t check the CSV data on that cook-probably should have. Since then, I’ve only used my wired probes on long cooks. When we see the next app update, I’ll be willing to try a long cook with the CPT and a wired thermometer.
For my latest attempt, one probe lasted approximately 12 hours before I took it out, due to the overwhelming low battery notifications. One probe lasted 9 hours before it started doing that, and one probe was still going strong at 7 hours, but I was done, so I pulled it out.

That being said, the new firmware and app updates are out, and hopefully we get closer to the 28 hour battery life that’s supposed to go along with those 🤞.

Last edited:
Battery life is one of the primary reasons keeping me from ordering a Combustion Inc. probe. From what I can read, the Meater+ probe exceeds 24 hours on a charge.

Can any of you that have Meater+ probes confirm this? One would think that of one company with a wireless probe can get at least 24 hours of battery life, others should be able to do the same.

Maybe this new Combustion software update that is supposed to get 28+ hours will prove to be the game changer for me.

For my latest attempt, one probe lasted approximately 12 hours before I took it out due to the overwhelming low battery notifications. One probe lasted 9 hours, before it started doing that, and one probe was still going strong at 7 hours, but I was as done, so I pulled it out.

That being said, the new firmware and app updates are out, and hopefully we get closer to the 28 hour battery life that’s supposed to go along with those 🤞.
Battery life is one of the primary reasons keeping me from ordering a Combustion Inc. probe. From what I can read, the Meater+ probe exceeds 24 hours on a charge.

Can any of you that have Meater+ probes confirm this? One would think that of one company with a wireless probe can get at least 24 hours of battery life, others should be able to do the same.

Maybe this new Combustion software update that is supposed to get 28+ hours will prove to be the game changer for me.
That’s not been my experience (longer battery life) with the MEATER+, but someone suggested I may have a faulty unit. I haven’t contacted the MEATER folks yet, and probably won’t at this point.

My longest cook using my Meater has probably only been in the 14 hour range. It worked fine throughout.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gymanji
Back