Post up pics and reviews of WELL USED units?

jeff33702

Would love to see how these look after a few years (or more) of really heavy use. I'm not going to name the grill - but we've had a grill for maybe 20 years and used it a lot. It did finally rust and was replaced but - we bought another one because it lasted so long. Just wondering how these bad boys are going to do over a lot of use/years.

Thanks!

Hi jeff. Can't give you 20 years of ownership and use, I have only had my 680 for 4 years. Loads of grate cooks and used a lot. I have some minor peeling of the paint on the lower drum, but the inside, grates, shelves, hopper all the stainless is like the day I bought it (other than all the rain today). For the first two years I covered the pit after every use. I have not covered in more than a year. Great pit, puts out great food, I would recommend.
I still use my charcoal kettle pits for high heat cooking most of the time. I will occasionally do a low and slow ribeye on the RT and reverse sear in CI on my gasser burner. The RT can really do a lot on it's own or as part of an arsenal.

Oh, anyone looking closely, it might appear as though the buckle in my siding came from the 680. Nope, the first time I used my gasser 20 years ago I did not pay attention to how close it was to the siding and melted a bit. Ugh! Battle scars I guess.

Attachments

• RT.jpg
    RT.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 82

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back