Pork Brands

Gonefishin

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
Asking for your go to brand of butts and pork ribs.

Been having issues finding my preferred brand of pork, which for me is Chairman's Choice. I can get that brand ribs at one of the high end designer markets for $8.99 lb, which I pass on, or $3.99-4.99 for ribs, and $2.99 for butts at the local grocer when they have it, which now a days isn't often. No sales this year except on shoulders, as opposed to butts.

I'm a Costco member and used to buy the 3 packs of BB's there as well as the 2 packs of butts. After having a few packs of the stinky ribs and preferring bone in butts, I don't use them anymore. I'm blaming the stinky ribs come from being frozen, then thawed at Costco, then refrozen at home. Due to this I've been trying to buy only fresh.

I tried some Smithfield from WM. Might have just been the one I tried, but the rack was not very good, taste and texture wise. Again, I only tried one.

Had Tyson frozen a couple times as they were all I could find, they came out okay.

A lot of what I see in grocers are marinated, which I've not tried.

So what do you folks use?

Asking for your go to brand of butts and pork ribs.

Been having issues finding my preferred brand of pork, which for me is Chairman's Choice. I can get that brand ribs at one of the high end designer markets for $8.99 lb, which I pass on, or $3.99-4.99 for ribs, and $2.99 for butts at the local grocer when they have it, which now a days isn't often. No sales this year except on shoulders, as opposed to butts.

I'm a Costco member and used to buy the 3 packs of BB's there as well as the 2 packs of butts. After having a few packs of the stinky ribs and preferring bone in butts, I don't use them anymore. I'm blaming the stinky ribs come from being frozen, then thawed at Costco, then refrozen at home. Due to this I've been trying to buy only fresh.

I tried some Smithfield from WM. Might have just been the one I tried, but the rack was not very good, taste and texture wise. Again, I only tried one.

Had Tyson frozen a couple times as they were all I could find, they came out okay.

A lot of what I see in grocers are marinated, which I've not tried.

So what do you folks use?
Smithfield and Swift are popular in NOVA, I don't recommend either!
The Chairman's choice looks good but pricey.

Rib quality has been all over the place because of COVID problems and this year’s drought, so it’s hard for me to give a solid recommendation on a major brand. Things should hopefully be stabilized soon, though.

It’s likely different where you are, but here you can do well by buying directly from a farmer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClemsonTiger99
Back