Pitts & Spitts Hybrid Cooker

Intresting. I wonder how long the pellet feed is to the fire pot. If it is feeding from the left side to the right side, oposite of the stack, it must be a pretty long auger chute to keep cleared of pellet dust.

Intresting. I wonder how long the pellet feed is to the fire pot. If it is feeding from the left side to the right side, oposite of the stack, it must be a pretty long auger chute to keep cleared of pellet dust.
It appears to me that the drip tray ends a little more than half way of the cook chamber, so that could possibly mean that the fire pot is approximately 1/3 of the way from the left? And that fire pot placement is similar to what Yoder does with their YS-640-S. The fire pot is ¼ of the way from the left side. I like the idea of this design-gives you better options for direct/indirect cooking at the same time. The downside is if you want to chub it full of say briskets, they won’t cook the same.

i love their grills and i would love one of there pellet grill or an offset. but im not sure i would like this design. i would prefer 2 separate grills i think, but i haven’t tried it so i can’t knock it

There's a 20 year old P&S grill on craigslist right now for $650. It looks like it has held up extremely well over two decades. He has a link to current day model and it's $2999. If their quality hasn't changed - maybe they are worth the steep price.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back