Picanha

Tonight, I cut two more strips, finishing off the Picanha I bought from the Brazillian market. While I seasoned the two strips with spicey rub, I gave the triangular point with just a bit of salt, in case it was tough (not between the three veins as Guga stated) and ended up for our ol' pup. I grilled some eggplant, yellow squash, and zucchini on the gasser, while the Picanha went over hardwood lump and a small piece of mesquite. My wife really enjoy hers, since I did it rare for her. When the thermapen said 90, I pulled it from the grill. I think she likes "branded and served" :LOL:. Mine was just a hint more done than hers.

Now I'm thinking I want to up my game to a better grade of Picanha. Anxious to hear back from Beth on the Angus.

BTW, it turned out the point wasn't too tough, but my wife is weak and looked directly into our dog's eyes, buckled, then started feeding him the pieces of the point. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
@BethV, you inspired me to whip up a Wild Fork Picanha......I went sous vide @ 131F for two hours, then seared 2 mins per side. So incredibly tasty! :)

1644466666244.jpeg

1644466683187.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.