Stampede One week old Stampede. First Boston butt!

dtb3750

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
This is my first post, and I am new to the pellet grill world, but I am a hugeeee fan in the one week I've had it. I've reverse seared a couple Ribeyes, made burgers, some St Louis ribs, veggies, and a pizza yesterday. Well I guess my family wanted to get in on the action so they tasked me with a Boston butt for my Mom's birthday today. It was an 8lber, Cheshire pork. A homemade rub since my mom can't have sugar or Cayenne. Started at 6 this morning at 225 and ready in time for dinner, and let's just say it was a tremendous hit! I couldn't keep everyone's hands away when I was pulling it. Anyway here's some pictures and I'm looking forward to many more good cooks with the stampede!!

IMG_20200502_174329.jpg
IMG_20200502_180038.jpg

Nice cook! Welcome to the RecTec forum. You don't hear a lot of complaints from guys about their RecTecs. Enjoy!

Good looking Pork Butt there. Also - love the pull box. Another genius idea i will have to steal from this forum. I sure do make a mess when i am trying to tear mine up and I have said to my family a couple of times I wish i could just go nuts on it but don't want to make a mess. Problem solved!

Congrats!

Nothing like the feeling you get from your first successful cook. Keeps you coming back for more. Great job!

Thanks y'all! I wasn't sure how it would turn out since it was my first long smoke, and first cook for more people than just me and the fiancé, but everyone seemed to love it, and there's only a small handful left haha!

And yes the pull box is awesome, I borrowed it from my Dad who had it made from a family friend that can make just about anything with wood. It's great for pulling, chopping BBQ and not having it end up all over your counters, pretty much anything you can think of. Needless to say, I'm gonna call him Monday and see if he can whip one up for me haha

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back