Bull Oh Bull

kwalker201

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
Driver just unloaded in my garage. I know what Im doing tonight!

image000000.jpg

Wow, Impressed with how nice a unit that is. Mine didn't come with any mounting pads for the horns but Recteq is sending them out. Also, I would have that a gasket would go between the stack and the grill? I have some material that I can make one.

Wow, Impressed with how nice a unit that is. Mine didn't come with any mounting pads for the horns but Recteq is sending them out. Also, I would have that a gasket would go between the stack and the grill? I have some material that I can make one.
If you are concerned about keeping it as clean as possible, I would seal between the smoke stack and the grill, and also the lid and the grill. And if you do it when it's new, you will have better results. I did mine as soon as I got it, and it works really well.

If you have leftover Lavalock, treat yourself to sealing the hopper lid as well. Once you experience the "soft close" of the pit lid, the clanging lid to the hopper is obnoxious. In all seriousness, it also adds a layer of protection for unforeseen precipitation getting into your hopper and creating the dreaded wet pellet auger jam.

If you have leftover Lavalock, treat yourself to sealing the hopper lid as well. Once you experience the "soft close" of the pit lid, the clanging lid to the hopper is obnoxious. In all seriousness, it also adds a layer of protection for unforeseen precipitation getting into your hopper and creating the dreaded wet pellet auger jam.
This (y)

If you do go ahead and Lavalock the hopper lid, pay attention to the lid dimensions vs the hopper dimensions. IIRC, my 700's hopper lid is longer/deeper (front to back) than what the hopper is. In other words, the front of the lid overhangs the front of the hopper by about 1/2 an inch when closed.

So, when applying the Lavalock tape to the inside of the hopper lid, offset the tape accordingly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back