Now we know...

Uncle Bob

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
……..what the BIG RT announcement is/was. Earlier we'd speculated that perhaps manufacturing would be moved to the US due to tariffs, but not quite. Most, if not all, of us have gotten the email announcing the new additions to the product line. Those that bought The Bull because of it's biggest in the line size are now going to have to pony up or just accept being content with having a nice, good sized machine. The BFG claims more than three times the grate capacity (though only about 10 inches longer), and then the Beast, even larger including also being trailer mounted under the Chuck Wagon moniker. Both those models will in fact be produced in the US and are likely targeted at restaurants/commercial use. There's also the Wylde Side for the open pit style crowd. It would be interesting to know what market info they got that told them to pursue that/those slices of the market.

So...….anybody around here tempted or already ordered the BFG?

I am seriously thinking about getting a bfg the only problem is you have the bull at 1199 and they have packages which the highest one puts you over 2k so you get pellets grill cover ect

now at 2799 then if RECTEC comes up with packages your talking well over 3k quite expensive in my book for a pellet cooker now if you get a timberline 1300 its 2100 with the cover

at this point there is no price for a cover for the bfg and no pellet throw ins like the beast
i have to spend 9k to get 400 pounds of pellets

thats wonderful they are innovating but it sure does not command the 9k and 12k prices i would rather buy kalamazoo products at that price point and they ship everywhere or a 32 or 42 komado kamado the 42 starts at 9200

so i am in a tough spot the bfg is excellent and tops the treager 1300 but the price point is not in line your jumping from 1199 to 2700 that is quite a hike for 8 to 10 inches and 3 racks had the price been 2000 or 2100 then if you added packages and everything was under 3k now you would be talking plus the fact if they are making this stuff in china to get price down why isnt it cheaper . kalamazoo is made in Michigan all handmade there and that is why they command those high prices

anyways great announcement but i just dont think the price points for each of the reveals where really thought out much

people already thought treager was expensive now this might push more peeps to buy treager

Stile, from your other posts I get the sense you're in the research/decision making phase of potential ownership rather than someone who's already in the pellet world and has a possible bias. Your comments fit with the thoughts in my head when I questioned what market info the RT guys had developed to justify these entries.

I'm not exactly a fan of their marketing style, though I'm not silly enough to believe I represent the "opinions of the masses". When I was doing my research I was actually turned off just a little by their testimonial listings...………..only having all 5 star feedback is unrealistic. Not quite deceptive, but dancing at the edge. But that's what alternative info streams like this one and others are for. Likewise I just can't stand their weekly live feeds on YouTube, the amount of goofy banter that needs to be tolerated to glean anything resembling solid info is beyond my patience level. Again, that may just be my short attention span, but...…… Like you I was a bit surprised by the price point they chose, does seem a bit on the high side, though I haven't researched that segment of the market enough to speak with authority. I did what you did, extrapolate from the Bull. I suspect this "limited time, introductory price" is what the regular price going forward will be...…….it's how they've operated with the other products before. What will be interesting is where the actual customer response level is. There will likely be a segment of folks who are the "just gotta have it" crowd. They'll get in line for this first wave. Going forward will be reality. Somewhere during the summer months will the price hold or will some "minor miracle" occur that gives them the opportunity to either trim the price or load on more goodies to the package? Marketing is fun. They've been successful with their choices as they've grown from nothing about a decade ago, so maybe they have a good handle on this one too.

lol i have owned kamado style cookers for many years i am looking for a good compliment to them. many of my friends have yoder and traeger so i might not own one but i have cooked on many of pellet cookers including the timberline series i was sold on the 1300 then i saw the bull which i was going to buy however when i talked to the rectec crew they told me to wait until this announcement now this bfg comes out with twice the space as the 1300 so now i am in tough spot lol but the price is what is holding me back i hope its like you say that they lower it somewhat with packages

time will tell

Twice the space,twice the price.do i feel duped cuz i bought my bull thanksgiving weekend?not at all.i follow east Georgia metals,been a fan before the 680 was on my radar.i saw what they were doing as far back as April of last year.if you can swing it by all means do it.id love to add the BFG to my stable,i just dont have the use for it,only grilling for 4 people right now.i think the only thing i really want is a 340 for the camping trips

I won't lie, I'm perfectly happy with my Rec Tec Bull and don't have any desire for anything different.

The Bull is huge and for my needs, never have I fired it up and said to myself "man I wish this was bigger".

I'm sure there is a target customer base for this, but it isn't me.

I was ready to purchase the 1300 Timberline but have not been available since December some time. I’ve tried to call, email and ask on social media when they might be available. Not one answer. It’s made in China and they just had Chinese New Year. So maybe that’s why. Not at all happy with them. So in all my research I feel the BFG is worth the money. The timberline with bottom shelf added and shipping was going to be around 2,250 or so. RECTEC grills in material alone is worth more than that in my opinion. And here’s what really made it worth it for me was the the BFG comes with a competition cart. It also comes with a much bigger front folding shelf. Between those two alone is a 500 plus dollars. Just my opinion

I was ready to purchase the 1300 Timberline but have not been available since December some time. I’ve tried to call, email and ask on social media when they might be available. Not one answer. It’s made in China and they just had Chinese New Year. So maybe that’s why. Not at all happy with them. So in all my research I feel the BFG is worth the money. The timberline with bottom shelf added and shipping was going to be around 2,250 or so. RECTEC grills in material alone is worth more than that in my opinion. And here’s what really made it worth it for me was the the BFG comes with a competition cart. It also comes with a much bigger front folding shelf. Between those two alone is a 500 plus dollars. Just my opinion

i was in same boat and the bfg is twice the size of the 1300 the bfg is certainly worth the price

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobondur
Back