RT-1070 Not a complaint just an observation

SmokeOCD

IMG_2115.jpeg

No wonder the rtd stopped working. I didn’t inspect it when it was new. Was this high heat damage or poor quality from the start? All good now, replacing it was fairly easy.

View attachment 19475
No wonder the rtd stopped working. I didn’t inspect it when it was new. Was this high heat damage or poor quality from the start? All good now, replacing it was fairly easy.
Probably not poor quality. Probably just enough thermal cycles for the insulation to peel back. If RT comped you a new one, I’d call everything square. Even if you had to buy a new one, they’re not much money. I pretty much just look at my Thermoworks probes/basestation and expect that I’ll have to replace probes every so often.

Yes, replacement under warranty. Grill is only 1 yr old. It wasn't difficult but I do hope this doesn't become an annual chore, I don't expect to be grilling any less. I guess worst case I get 5 more free. 🤷‍♂️

Yes, replacement under warranty. Grill is only 1 yr old. It wasn't difficult but I do hope this doesn't become an annual chore, I don't expect to be grilling any less. I guess worst case I get 5 more free. 🤷‍♂️
How many cooks did you have before that failed? And was there a lot of high temp cooks? I will have to keep an eye on it to see if I should add the SS flex conduit as part of the winter clean-up.

YTD - I assume that's since Jan 1st: 51 cooks 157 hours. So double that since I've had it for a about a year.
I've used Full once (when new)just to see how high it goes, less than 20 pizzas, Chicken (0-400), Steaks w/ reverse sear at the end I set it to 400 for the reverse sear. All else (most) is below 300 cooking and definitely a good bit of time on Lo.

I probably just got lucky, beat the odds and got that extra special RTD from the factory.
1 igniter, 1 RTD so far.

The 1070 has a partial square channel for the wiring which goes out the front to the control panel, exposed about 2-3" right around the RTD and again at the inside front so you can grab and feed the wire through a hole to the control panel. I could probably devise some shield to be held in place by the channel using angle stock. It can wait until my next warranty replacement. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobondur
Back