Bullseye No smoke flavor

Rest your cooked meat for several hours before consuming. The chemical reactions of cooking continue well after you remove the heat. You might even try cooking the day before, refrigerating overnight and reheating. I find that this increases the smoke and other flavors immensely on my 700.

I have the 1250 and. 340. I just got them and am extremely disappointed in the smoke flavor even with a smoking tube! My electric master built for a couple hundred was much better
What kind and quality pellets are you using? Huge difference!

Hi all,

Just got my Bullseye a week ago and I like a lot of things about it. I’ve cooked a brisket, spatchcock chicken twice, brats, and hot dogs. I enjoy cooking on it, love the smoke smell, and things have been tasty. However, smoke flavor hasn’t been part of the experience at all.

I just did a spatchcock chicken. Cooked at Lo until an internal temp of 135. Then bumped it up to 325 to finish. I even used an Amazen smoke tube filled with hickory chips, which smoked well the entire time. I’m using the Ultimate blend pellets.

Is smoke flavor just not possible with this grill? Anyone with a similar starting experience that figured out how to get better smoke flavor?
I don't have a problem getting a smoky taste using my Bullseye. That is as long as I don't use the Req Teq ultimate pellets.

Hi all,

Just got my Bullseye a week ago and I like a lot of things about it. I’ve cooked a brisket, spatchcock chicken twice, brats, and hot dogs. I enjoy cooking on it, love the smoke smell, and things have been tasty. However, smoke flavor hasn’t been part of the experience at all.

I just did a spatchcock chicken. Cooked at Lo until an internal temp of 135. Then bumped it up to 325 to finish. I even used an Amazen smoke tube filled with hickory chips, which smoked well the entire time. I’m using the Ultimate blend pellets.

Is smoke flavor just not possible with this grill? Anyone with a similar starting experience that figured out how to get better smoke flavor?
It a light smoke for sure. I've used a traditional smoker and it's easy to go overboard and end up with food that tastes like the inside of an ashtray. My wife likes a milder smoke, so the bullseye works great for us. It's easier to add smoke than remove it.

If you are using recteq pellet’s they are pretty mild. I always throw a couple of hand fulls on top of the cast iron heat deflector and start all my cooks on lo for 30 minutes or so to get plenty of smoke. I’m happy with the smoke flavor on my 1250.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back