Next Cook: WINGS….

FreakDawg76

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
So, I’ve got 70-80 wings prepped and ready to go on the 700.. Dry rubbed with Hot Dirty Bird… What’s everyone’s favorite methods? I like a definite smoky flavor profile.. Do I use lower temp for higher smoke volume, or light the ole smoke tube with the RT at 375-400? Talk to me, Goose! Happy Wednesday Yall!
#offday #cooktime

300 for the entire time is how I do it, still get plenty of smoke flavor too. I finish in the airfryer once they are close to being done for really crispy skin, however at 300/325 it's also a nice crispiness as well. You might just want to use the smoke tube anyways, I am a light on the smoke guy but know many here love burning pile of leaves smokiness. :ROFLMAO:

I also sometimes crisp up on my gas grill as well, super quick doing it that way and plenty of cook space. :)

With chicken it has to be more about getting the skin edible rather than worrying about smoke flavor IMO. I’d do a high heat cook and add a smoke tube if you feel you need more smoke. It isn’t any good if you end up with smokey rubber chicken

With chicken it has to be more about getting the skin edible rather than worrying about smoke flavor IMO. I’d do a high heat cook and add a smoke tube if you feel you need more smoke. It isn’t any good if you end up with smokey rubber chicken
See, I’m tryna save myself a Walmart trip for butane for my damn torch … 😏😂😂😂😂

I think my method is the opposite of those above but for my wings on my Bull, I got about 2 hours on low and then crank up to 375 to 425. To crisp up the skin, spray with duck fat or cooking spray. If you want really crispy, this is not the method for you but honestly don't notice too much compared to cooking at higher temp and I love the smoke flavor.

If you want super crunchy crispy wings, try the double fry method Meat Church has on their page but obviously that's deep frying and not cooking on the Bull.

I think my method is the opposite of those above but for my wings on my Bull, I got about 2 hours on low and then crank up to 375 to 425. To crisp up the skin, spray with duck fat or cooking spray. If you want really crispy, this is not the method for you but honestly don't notice too much compared to cooking at higher temp and I love the smoke flavor.

If you want super crunchy crispy wings, try the double fry method Meat Church has on their page but obviously that's deep frying and not cooking on the Bull.
Spray when I crank the heat? Leaning towards this method

Spray when I crank the heat? Leaning towards this method
Yes, I usually spray when I'm cranking it up and then flip at some point and spray the other side. Walmart usually carries the duck fat in stores but not all stores.

I also do use a smoke tube with wood chips mixed in for extra smoke.

Yes, I usually spray when I'm cranking it up and then flip at some point and spray the other side. Walmart usually carries the duck fat in stores but not all stores.

I also do use a smoke tube with wood chips mixed in for extra smoke.
I think this time I’ll try without the tube and see how it goes ..

Damn it smells good out here .. sittin on the patio swing, smoke rollin with 2 hour timer set 😏.. almost feels like cheating

IMG_2301.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dkroll
Back