New User

jcruse64

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hello to all.

New to Recteq, pellet smokers, and smoking. After 20+ years with Weber gas grills, decided to go another route after the cabinet rotted on my Genesis grill, with lots of influence to go towards pellet smokers from several friends and acquaintances. Ordered a 590, which arrived a couple of weeks ago, and am slowly getting my feet wet. First cook was more grill-like, with a pork tenderloin, the followed up with burgers and brats on the sear plates. Ready to try out the low and slow of the smoker though, and hope to do a pork butt soon. I like the resources I've seen here, including Recteq's YT stuff. Any other YT'ers recommended to follow? Looking forward to the pork butts and ribs, but want to do chicken, and very interested in salmon.

Thanks,

Joe

Welcome to the forum, @jcruse64; glad to have you join us here. Pellet grills are a little different than what you've previously used, but you will get the hang of it quickly. Cook what you're comfortable with at first and then start to expand your horizons. You'll be cooking pork butts, slabs of ribs and all the rest in no time. And, yes, you can do some great salmon on them too. Good luck.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forum and the RT Family Jcruse
We've really enjoyed our 700 and all the great Meals it has cooked
Not all, but a lot of what we cook IS "LO and Slow"
Once you get a feel for how yours cooks, you really start to branch-out
Enjoy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back