New to the group

BigSmoke

Hi All,

I got my 590 this weekend and my first cook was a rack of ribs using the 3,2,1 method. They came out excellent, fall off the bone tinder! My wife said "those aren't good, those are amazing"! BigSmoke, Big Smile! The next morning, I did some thick sliced breakfast bacon and didn't know bacon could taste so good! Burgers for dinner - using some of the left-over bacon! Man, they were perfectly cooked, juicy and excellent flavor. It's a real confidence builder knowing I can do perfect burgers every time and still spend time with family and friends. I've used an upright smoker for a few years and this pellet smoker/grill is a game-changer! Compared to a tending a gas/charcoal grill with hot spots flareups etc, it's just a superior technology. I'll be doing a lot more smoking and grilling from now on!

It's so nice to start the grill from inside the house while prepping, especially when it's 32 degrees outside! Keeping an eye on the temperatures and reviewing the graphs really tells a story of what's happening inside the grill. I love it! The WiFi set-up is a bit of a process, but it works like a champ once it's connected!

My grill came with some minor shipping damage on the edge of the hopper lid, but Ben at Rec Tec made it right. I got a call-back within 30 minutes of sending an email and the whole process was wrapped up in the same afternoon. Excellent customer service! All in all - I would give this a 5 star rating for the product and the customer experience!

BigSmoke

Can't agree more with your comments. Much easier to do other things in addition to the cooking with the excellent control system. Funny, a rack of ribs was also my first cook on the Stampede....……..is it popularity or comfort? :)

Welcome. Good group of folks here with a lot of knowledge. Glad to have you and hope you enjoy the forum.

Can't agree more with your comments. Much easier to do other things in addition to the cooking with the excellent control system. Funny, a rack of ribs was also my first cook on the Stampede....……..is it popularity or comfort? :)
A little of both! I wanted to do low and slow to see how it performed as a smoker. The next day I did some burgers to see how it performed as a grill. In both cases it exceeded my expectations. (y)(y)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back