New to the forum. Not new to Rec Tec

mushinnoshin

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-680
Hello from Lenoir City, TN!

I have had my 680 for about 7 years. I got the one with the original controller that has the button for feeding more pellets when you opened the lid. I have changed the controller twice ( I have the Wi-Fi one now), added the front shelf and added the cold smoker box. I have the griddle hack (works great!) and just got my heavy D diffuser which I can't wait to try. Hopefully I can learn a few things and maybe help others out .

@mushinnoshin welcome to RecTecForum and thanks for joining.

You've got me interested in this "griddle hack" and I've been eyeing the Heavy D diffuser myself so I'm certainly looking forward to hearing your thoughts about it for sure.

Just did my first cook with the heavy d. Definitely added smoke. Affected temp more than expected. I followed the directions that came with it but, the logs caught fire. Going to do a test today , starting at 225 deg and see how that works.

I love the griddle hack. I have had mixed results with the heavy D. I am getting a lot of smoke but it definitely affects the temperature. I need to experiment a little more to try to help keeping the temperature to be close to the set point.

I love the griddle hack. I have had mixed results with the heavy D. I am getting a lot of smoke but it definitely affects the temperature. I need to experiment a little more to try to help keeping the temperature to be close to the set point.
Thank you....I definitely like the idea of the griddle and did like the idea of the heavy D but when I read that the wood keeps catching on fire it makes sense that it is causing the temps to swing. What are your ideas to help get the smoke but keep the temps stable?
Appreciate the info.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigfishri
Back