Stampede New Stampede smoke vents.

Zonian Pyg

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
How long has the Stampede had the new louvered smoke vents and has anyone else noticed that it is very easy to see that the "hot " end of the grill is at the drip pan. Just look at the color of the stainless steel under the vents. Looks to me like no way I can get even heat.

The 590 has always run a little hotter on the right side than the left, the new vents are probably just allowing you to see the staining better. Most grills have temp variations within the cooking chamber. It's not like one side has a drastically higher temp than the other. I just put the thicker part of the meat on the rights and or move the food around during a long cook. If you feel the uneven heat is going to prevent you from cooking awesome food, maybe BBQing isn't for you :unsure:

Last edited:
There are some posts about folks adding steel plates and ceramic briquets to try & distribute heat. Do some searching if it truly bothers you and let us know your results. It may help others.

I have found that it helps on turkeys. Put the legs to the right and cooks pretty evenly.
Works great if you are doing porcheta or a fresh pork ham also. Helps to crisp up the skin when you up the temp to 480+. It was just an observation on my part since I'm new to "pellet" grillin but been grillin and chillin every Sunday for over 50 years now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back