Does anybody rec tec stampede not have a lot of smoke?

Dwshocked22

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Does anybody stampede not have a lot of smoke? I can have on 180° and still have no smoke coming from back of Grill. Does anyone else experience this

During start up I get a lot of smoke and then once it settles I dont and that's okay... A good smoke color is basically translucent blueish color...if that makes sense?

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/goodsmokebadsmoke.htm
How is the smoke flavor, if any. Sometime hard to tell how much smoke by what you see. I’ve done smokes with lots of smoke and not great smoke flavor. I wonder why. It’s one of the Seven Wonders of the World. ??

When you smoke a protein to much it will be ahorrible flavor, a bitter harsh flavor. Your giving it to much carbon if your trying to smoke a protein with thick heavy white smoke.

That's why you never put your protein or other food on a smoker until your up to your target cooking temp. Even then, this is my practice coming from many many years of stick burning, I usually wait an additional 30 minutes after target temp as been made. It give everything inside the cooking chamber time to stabilize.. again, That's just something i do. Doesnt mean that's the right way..

@ndfan6464 understands this...Some folks think if they don't see smoke, it is not smoking; not true. if its not to the amount of flavor you are after, place a chunk or two, or three on the top of the diffuser and let the magic take over :cool:

Does anybody stampede not have a lot of smoke? I can have on 180° and still have no smoke coming from back of Grill. Does anyone else experience this
I run mine at 200 and get plenty of visible smoke to answer you question though, I'm running RT pellets also.

You should have good amounts of visible smoke at that temp. It won't be puffy white thick, but it should be blue and can be intermittent, based on how hard it is blowing the fan and outside temps. You might try laying an old blanket on the top of the drum, but don't block the exhaust, of course. A little bit of insulation should slow the burn down in the pot to give more smoke.

On any of these Rec Tec grills you will not see thick white smoke, you don't want this type of smoke anyways. thin blue smoke should be visible at 250F degrees and down anything above the 250F and above it will tend to thin out some but the grill is still smoking.

I get a lot of smoke when @ 180 extreme smoke. To bad I can't get smoke flavor when I eat what I smoke?
Dan

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back