New RT-700 Owner

Mlmurrah

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I finally broke down and ordered an RT-700 a couple of days ago. It should arrive by Thursday.

In the past I owned a Longhorn Deluxe horizontal stick burner. I like the idea of a wood smoker, but I was never able to control the temperature very well. Then I got a Weber Smokey Mountain, and it was better but still somewhat difficult to control. So I decided that the pellet smoker was the answer to temperature control. I chose Rec Tec based on recommendations by my fellow members of the Orangebloods sports board on Rivals.com, where Rec Tec is the overwhelming pellet smoker choice.

My biggest concern is the reputation of pellet smokers' producing a less smoky flavor. I like a heavy smoky flavor, not that I was ever completely satisfied wit the horizontal or Weber. After reading a number of posts about the issue here, I decided that the ability control the temperature at a lower level coupled with use of a tube supplemental smoker such as the one from A-Maze-N if necessary might the the answer.

So I am excited to receive the smoker and ready to get started cooking some brisket--not to mention ribs and pulled prlk--pellet style!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back