New RT 700 owner from Starkville, MS

Smoked Dog

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Purchased yesterday. Hope to take delivery in a week or so. My name is Mike. I've been using a SmokinTex 1500 electric smoker since 2006. I've smoked a lot of ribs, butts, and briskets over the years, and the results were usually good, but not great. I'm hoping to take the next step up in quality with the RT-700.

The best thing about the electric smoker is set it and forget it. The worst thing is the cleanup afterwards. Based on my research, I think the RT-700 will be similarly easy to operate, and the cleanup will be tremendously easier.

Welcome @Smoked Dog. Your RT-700 will definitely be set it and forget it and clean up is pretty easy. My sleep has improved tremendously during overnight cooks. The worst part of the whole process for me was waiting for it to be delivered.

Welcome to the family Mike. I'm right next door in Alabama about an hour South of Tuscaloosa, so we're not that far apart. You've made a phenomenal decision and you certainly won't regret it. I smile every time I fire up my Bull because I know it can cook almost anything. Although Recteq shipped my grill within a day or two, it sat in a Birmingham warehouse for 11-days before delivery. I had to drive a few blocks to the local Wal-Mart to pick its up because the truck driver wasn't allowed down my street. Everything went smoothly and I tipped him $20 for helping me transfer it to my truck. Hope you enjoy yours like I do mine. #HailState and #RollTide

Got my Bull in Tuesday afternoon, much faster than I anticipated, and got it assembled. Rain moved in Wednesday and it's still raining on Thursday. Sheer agony waiting for the weather to clear so I can play with the new toy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back