New RT-700 Owner from Sacramento, CA

I smoked my brisket Flat on the Bull and it was a complete failure!
  1. Trimmed the flat down to 1/4" fat layer
  2. Started at 12am 225 degrees (Montreal Seasoning & Garlic Salt) and added a smoke tube with Apple Wood Chips
  3. At 6am started spritzing hourly
  4. It stalled at 155 and i wrapped with foil, added 1/2 cup chicken broth
  5. Turned up the temp to 275 and removed it at 204 internal temp.
  6. Let it rest covered in a cooler for 1 hour.
You can see in the photo it was overcooked and dry despite having a nice bark and smoke ring.
Every smoke is a learning process! Hoping to do my first brisket on my 700 this week.
What do you think you'd do differently next time?

@Steele - I might leave a little more fat on the meat and will look into Waterboy's suggestion of checking for tenderness. Working with a pellet grill is different than the BGE I am familiar with but look forward to the next cook on the Bull. I am considering the High Temp Brisket approach that has yielded great results previously.

@Steele - I might leave a little more fat on the meat and will look into Waterboy's suggestion of checking for tenderness. Working with a pellet grill is different than the BGE I am familiar with but look forward to the next cook on the Bull. I am considering the High Temp Brisket approach that has yielded great results previously.
Agreed completely. Lots of learning for sure. Just got my 700 a week or so ago, certainly a while different game w/pellet smoker. Thanks again for sharing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back