Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hi everyone. My name is Eric and I am new to Rec Tec but not new to pellet grills. I have owned a Traeger for 25 years. My Traeger was one of the old original heavy duty models. It was time to treat myself to a new cooker so I bought a 700. So far I love it and plan to do my first cook tomorrow, Baby backs! My old Traeger will find a new home with my daughter and her Husband.

They love the food I make on mine and beg me to make my ribs and salmon. I already customized the grill as you can see in the attached picture. I really liked the look of the Yoder with the competition cart so that was the look I was after. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

RecTec 700.jpg

Hi everyone. My name is Eric and I am new to Rec Tec but not new to pellet grills. I have owned a Traeger for 25 years. My Traeger was one of the old original heavy duty models. It was time to treat myself to a new cooker so I bought a 700. So far I love it and plan to do my first cook tomorrow, Baby backs! My old Traeger will find a new home with my daughter and her Husband.They love the food I make on mine and beg me to make my ribs and salmon. I already customized the grill as you can see in the attached picture. I really liked the look of the Yoder with the competition cart so that was the look I was after. Let me know what you think. Thanks!
Looks great. Did you "rustoleum" the comp cart? I'll bet your Traeger didn't have the wireless controls. You'll love the Bull and the customer service that comes along with it. Have fun.

Welcome Eric, looks good. Lavalock that lid before its leaky ways leave it dirty. I too had the BQ-075 early traeger. The bull is basically the same thing with a better controller.
Only problem is that your horns are on backwards!

Looks good! Welcome

Looks great. Did you "rustoleum" the comp cart? I'll bet your Traeger didn't have the wireless controls. You'll love the Bull and the customer service that comes along with it. Have fun..

Hi
The paint I used was Rust-oleum. I cleaned the cart of all dirt and oils. If you use good paint techniques than the quality of the project will be of a professional level. I cooked some Baby Back ribs today and I got to say that this grill was fantastic. No buyers remorse here! The Traeger that I have is really a great grill, but the RT-700 control puts it to shame. I always had to babysit the Traeger, but my results where still great.
Happy grill days ahead!

Attachments

• Rec Tec Psint.jpg
    Rec Tec Psint.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 60
  • Rec Tec Psint.jpg
    Rec Tec Psint.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 55
Welcome Eric, looks good. Lavalock that lid before its leaky ways leave it dirty. I too had the BQ-075 early traeger. The bull is basically the same thing with a better controller.
Thanks for letting me know about the horns.

You have the correct set up per factory but some rules are meant to be broken!
I have mine pointing out so it looks more like a bull.

Good eyes!

Just put Lavalock on my lid.....totally agree with cutplug, do it before using much. The lid's edge will get a buildup of grease and oil pretty quick. Took me a while to get it good and clean to assure a good bond

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back