New Member- Gigama with the 590

Gigama

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-680
Hey everyone. Recently picked a 590 and really enjoying it here in N Texas I am still figuring out the best practices but have definitely made some strides. This is a great forum with a ton of great info. I look forward to really improving my cooks with the info on here.

Have a good one, and rock on!

Hey everyone. Recently picked a 590 and really enjoying it here in N Texas I am still figuring out the best practices but have definitely made some strides. This is a great forum with a ton of great info. I look forward to really improving my cooks with the info on here.

Have a good one, and rock on!
If you are not a bot, which I suspect that is the case, you might want to change the grill you own in your profile.

I am not a bot, the 590 is not listed as an option unless I missed something

I am not a bot, the 590 is not listed as an option unless I missed something
The forum still refers to the RT-590 as the Stampede. RT used to use names for their grills rather than model numbers.

Welcome aboard. We have had some recent incursion bt bots and since the 680 has been discontinued for quite some time, it raises some eyebrows when one shows up in a new profile.

590 is probably the most reliable. We have 2 in our family and a 1070 (which is almost the same). You will enjoy it. We have had no major defaults to date. Welcome to this forum and Get Smokin'!

Why then still show that you own a 680? Or if you are not an AI bot, why pick a 680 in the first place?
@Greg Jones, the profile grill menu shows only the names RT used to use without any numerical reference. A new RT user may not know that RT has changed their primary reference to model numbers and the 680 is the only numerical choice.

I think it might be useful if our “kind of good admin,” @Mike, edited the grill list to include both the name and model number; e.g Stampede/RT-590 or Trailblazer/RT-340. Whaddyathink, Mike?

Welcome to the group. A lot of great people in this collection of souls. A 590 is my next purchase, so you have very good taste. Ask questions, and Grill ON !!

@Greg Jones, the profile grill menu shows only the names RT used to use without any numerical reference. A new RT user may not know that RT has changed their primary reference to model numbers and the 680 is the only numerical choice.

I think it might be useful if our “kind of good admin,” @Mike, edited the grill list to include both the name and model number; e.g Stampede/RT-590 or Trailblazer/RT-340. Whaddyathink, Mike?
This is why the accounts with the 680 as the grill of ownership are questionable. I get the fact that the older grills that are listed by name only are problematic, but why is the 680, out of production for several years now, the one that appear to be selected by spam/bot accounts? It’s not like choosing a specific model is a requirement to post.

590 is impersonal. That's why prisoners are assigned numbers. I can't love a 590 but I sure love my Stampede!

🙄 some how I did name and number, was that bad form 😳🤣

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPBrew
Back