New guy from Ormond Beach Fl.

motorman27

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hi everyone. Been smoking with masterbuilt electric for about four years. I've been wanting to upgrade to a pellet smoker for some time. I really liked the treager 575 until I found on the owners forum that everyone is having serious temp. control problems. Appears to be a defect. Anyway, after researching Rec Tec and finding this forum, I ordered the Stampede yesterday. Really looking forward to learning the pellet smoking world. I hope you guys that are masters at setting up the wifi app will be available for guidance since I'm about as tech savy as Jed Clampet. Thanks.

Welcome aboard. You'll find the Stampede is very good at temp control,. As for the Wifi, don't let it intimidate you, even us old guys have been able to connect. Your home wifi network may be more difficult depending on hardware and performance.

Hi everyone. Been smoking with masterbuilt electric for about four years. I've been wanting to upgrade to a pellet smoker for some time. I really liked the treager 575 until I found on the owners forum that everyone is having serious temp. control problems. Appears to be a defect. Anyway, after researching Rec Tec and finding this forum, I ordered the Stampede yesterday. Really looking forward to learning the pellet smoking world. I hope you guys that are masters at setting up the wifi app will be available for guidance since I'm about as tech savy as Jed Clampet. Thanks.
Welcome. WIFI not as difficult as it sounds. Performance depends a lot on your router and modem. If you have a problem there is plenty of backup here

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chupicocconut
Back