New Bull owner

smike308

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
New guy, from Iowa, with a new Bull as of ~3 wks. ago. Still trying to learn the ins and outs of pellet grilling. After many years of Weber kettle and gassers, it’s a bit of a different game. Enjoying the forums.

I’m about three weeks in as well Smile308 and couldn’t agree more about it being a different game. I have a Weber gasser and a drum smoker and have found using my RT 700 to be very different. But it is the best tasting game I’ve ever played! Have fun playing!!

Should be getting my Bull tomorrow. Originally from Iowa myself. North Central. Been in Dallas area for 35 years. Curious what things you are finding are different. Any hints as I begin this advantage.

For me its just been that I have to be more mindful of what I’m wanting to do. On the gasser grill if I wanted to grill I just turned it on and it grilled. If I wanted to smoke on the drum I just loaded up charcoal and wood chunks and it smoked. On the RT if I want to grill I have to set up with the grill grates and be more specific on temps. Smoking I have to watch how high I set my temps to make sure I get the smoke I want. Just a little more planning/thinking.

Having said that I just did a brisket overnight and it was the easiest and best brisket I’ve ever done. No worries on holding temp or if I had enough fuel. No wrap, no spritz and it was the juiciest, jiggliest brisket with awesome bark. Ribs have been super easy to get just the way we like them. I’m anxious to try some Halibut because I find it easier on the RT to cook things without drying them out.

A lot of rambling, hope something in there helped. I will tell you I love my Bull and look forward to planning lots of new cooks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back