New app giving me fits

hothamp

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
It keeps saying password is incorrect. I reset the password. Says the same thing. I’m an IT engineer lol so I’m not a beginner at technology. Anyone seen similar problems or know how I can get it fixed? I can’t do anything on my mo Ike anymore.

Hmmmm, mine keeps "losing" the connection and I have to delete and re-establish each time I use it (twice this week anyway). Worked fine before that. I'm planning to call RT tomorrow if I have time.

It worked fine last week. I was doing a mixed smoke today. I put my pork butt on the big green egg over night and then moved it to the rectec this morning.

I finally got in almost 5 hours after I changed the password. (To clarify I changed the password 5 hours prior to getting in).

I should have made it more clear, mine loses the connection when I turn it off and then when I come back for the next cook is when I have to jump through the hoops.

I can’t figure out why the app stopped working for me, but it’s been 2 weeks since it worked. Every time I try to log in, I get “Internal Server Error, please try again later”

I’ve changed my password, etc. any hints? RECTEC hasn’t even responded to my support request... Anyone else figured out how to make this thing work?

A522F682-0329-4D23-9A58-01FFF90E5BC6.jpeg

I can’t figure out why the app stopped working for me, but it’s been 2 weeks since it worked. Every time I try to log in, I get “Internal Server Error, please try again later”

I’ve changed my password, etc. any hints? RECTEC hasn’t even responded to my support request... Anyone else figured out how to make this thing work?
Did you uninstall and then reinstall yet?..try that...I've had on and off problems too.
Hopefully the finish getting all the bugs out of the app.

Yup, uninstalled, reinstalled, tried several times... no dice. :(. Was working for the past 6 months and is kaput for the last 2 weeks.

I'd just call customer service if it still says "internal server error"...you should be able to fix it over the phone live.

I just got a new (to me) phone this week (S7) to upgrade my old S4 and service provider. I had to go through the whole process again of downloading the app, holding the button in on the Rec Tec, signing in and naming my grill. It all worked the first time without issues. I couldn't image what your issue could be unless you are not on the 2.4Ghz network or are out of router range with the RT.

at least yours did work, I purchased the new wifi controller about a year ago and it has never worked for me. sad but true

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back