Might as well jump in. Just pulled the trigger on RT 700

SlayRide

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
The old Traeger is dyeing . After a LOT of research, We're Moving on up! Just pulled the trigger tonight. Cover, Matt, and grill plates also.

Lumber jack pellets in the garage (oops I broke the Traeger warranty ;) ) . Came to Rec Tec for more consistent temp regulation, and the 6 year warranty.
The 700 is overkill for my family, but at 6'2" 250lbs... I say, go big or go home. LOL. Thanks for the add to the forum.

Last edited:
The old Traeger is dyeing . After a LOT of research, We're Moving on up! Just pulled the trigger tonight. Cover, Matt, and grill plates also.

Lumber jack pellets in the garage (oops I broke the Traeger warranty ;) ) . Came to Rec Tec for more consistent temNY

Congrats, good decision. Welcome to the forum. A lot of good people and good info. Enjoy ??

Hey @SlayRide great choice going Rec Tec and picking the RT-700. It's a heck of a grill and I'm sure you're going to love it.

Be sure to post pictures once you receive it!

Welcome to the group!
Love my 700. It is big, but I love that it allows me the opportunity to cook most of our sides on the pit too

Congrats. I too got the 700 and thought it was overkill. That didn’t last long the more I use it and get comfortable with it I will make my sides on it whether it be Mac n cheese, beans etc.

Only stears and quears come from Texas. Hahaha. I"m just joking, but it was fun to say. Welcome to Rec Tec. It's a fun toy brah!

Only stears and quears come from Texas. Hahaha. I"m just joking, but it was fun to say. Welcome to Rec Tec. It's a fun toy brah!
LOL!
About 20 years ago, my wife and I were at a resort in the Poconos for our honeymoon. While on stage for some newlywed game, the host guy made the same joke to us. I winked at him and said, "Well I guess that means you best not turn your back on a Texan one way or the other."
The guy was speechless and the crowd laughed for several minutes. LOL

Great place to be, congrats on the grill! remember one thing, Horns in!

Lumber jack pellets in the garage (oops I broke the Traeger warranty ;) ) . Came to Rec Tec for more consistent temp regulation, and the 6 year warranty.
The 700 is overkill for my family, but at 6'2" 250lbs... I say, go big or go home. LOL. Thanks for the add to the forum.
Same here, Traeger after many years died and did my research and have no regrets. They key item for us was having the cold smoker box option which we added. No regrets, and while large for just two of us it did come down to "go big or go home". Well made although the alarm is a disappointment but hopefully they get that fixed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back