Loving the Rec Tec Life

John.

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
I'm new to the Rec Tec way of life. My previous experience with grilling was flipping burgers, turning hotdogs, and hoping the chicken was cooked all the way. I wanted to be better than that. :) I knew two people that had Rec Tec grills. One cooked professionally and the other just for home purposes. Both highly recommended the Rec Tec so I was sold. In fact, I had never heard of Rec Tec and was looking at other pellet grills at the time until they told me about their Rec Tec experience. I purchased the RT-340. I'm still learning the ins and outs of the grill, like tweaking it to maintain temperatures as needed, but after my 1st attempt following the Rec Tec Baby Back Rib recipe using the 3-2-1 method, those ribs were compared to a local well known BBQ restaurant by others, so I was impressed. Not only with the Rec Tec recipe, but with the seasonings and mainly the grill itself. The Bacon Candy is the BEST. :)

John

Welcome and congrats on the RT. There is loads of information here and a bunch of great people with a lot of knowledge! enjoy!

I'm new to the Rec Tec way of life. My previous experience with grilling was flipping burgers, turning hotdogs, and hoping the chicken was cooked all the way. I wanted to be better than that. :) I knew two people that had Rec Tec grills. One cooked professionally and the other just for home purposes. Both highly recommended the Rec Tec so I was sold. In fact, I had never heard of Rec Tec and was looking at other pellet grills at the time until they told me about their Rec Tec experience. I purchased the RT-340. I'm still learning the ins and outs of the grill, like tweaking it to maintain temperatures as needed, but after my 1st attempt following the Rec Tec Baby Back Rib recipe using the 3-2-1 method, those ribs were compared to a local well known BBQ restaurant by others, so I was impressed. Not only with the Rec Tec recipe, but with the seasonings and mainly the grill itself. The Bacon Candy is the BEST. :)

John
I have the 340 too and love it. I've been cooking on it almost every day since I got it in mid May. It is so easy and convenient. I've started the grill using the app on my way home from the grocery store with some ribs before. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back