Longhorn Cookingpellets

PRC

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
I did a bulk buy of cookingpellets and got some Longhorn pellets. I just use the Longhorn blend to cook a brisket for the last 13 hours. I cannot believe the amount of ash all over the inside of the grill, grates, and brisket. It is everywhere, I have never seen anything like that with any other pellets. Thankfully I only got two bags of them and will not use them again for any cook. I hope the other blends I got do not do the same thing!

Have you used other types from cookin' pellets? I was thinking of getting some Hickory pellets from them after hearing good reviews of those. Now I'm hesitant.

I have two bags of them but have not used yet. I just got the bulk buy on Friday and started with the longhorn blend. i would be interested in hearing from others who have used cookingpellets.

I'm about halfway thru a bag of Longhorn and I haven't noticed anything different from their Hickory. I'll keep an eye on it though.

Wanted to follow up on my experience. First, I want to say the folks at Cookinpellets are great. They replied to the review I submitted and ask for additional information/pictures. They offered to replace both bags of the longhorn pellets with any pellet I wanted. They were concerned if they had a bad batch of pellets. I offered to do some further testing and follow up with pictures. Here is what I sent them back today:
Julie, I went ahead and ran the rest of the longhorn pellets thru the smoker without any food. I ran it at 200 degrees for 4 hours then 225 degrees for another 4 hours. Here are the pictures with all the ash in the grill, on the drip tray and on the grates. The last photo is a picture of the grill cover that was sitting on the table that was 4 feet from the smokestack. I am really baffled how this can even happen. Any chance I got a bad batch of pellets? There was pellet dust at the bottom of the bag, maybe a bit more than normal but not a huge amount.
Cookinpellets3.jpg
Cookinpellets4.jpg
Cookinpellets5.jpg
Cookinpellets6.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back