Bull Lighting?

Zippydog

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1070
First cook on the Flagship 1100 last night after burn in (just a few burgers). Couldn’t see a darn thing. What do you all use for grill lighting? Since there’s a courtesy outlet on the back of the 1100 control panel, anything is possible. Thanks!

IMG_2402.jpeg

IMG_2403.jpeg

I’m thinking maybe something like this that I could stick to the lid as needed to keep hands free.

HOTLIGH Rechargeable Work Light - 5000mAh Magnetic Work Light with 360° Rotate Foldable Design, 1200 Lumens Led Work Light, 3 Lighting Modes Mechanic Light for Car Repairing/Emergency https://a.co/d/9GuB1JD

Last edited:
I picked up one of these some time ago. I did find out that the controller shelf is high enough quality stainless that it won't hold a magnet, but the hopper lid works fine. It's not a perfect solution, but it gets the job done in overnight cooks.

Be careful about anything magnetic. It may work on the side shelf but may not on the barrel as it is stainless steel. Also remember that the magnet’s strength is effected by temperature. The hotter, the less they want to stick unless you get a ”high performance” magnet. I ditto a good headlamp but don’t overlook the convenience of something like this:

1702843377691.png
It is my”go to” for remote cooks and when I need that extra lighting.

Be careful about anything magnetic. It may work on the side shelf but may not on the barrel as it is stainless steel. Also remember that the magnet’s strength is effected by temperature. The hotter, the less they want to stick unless you get a ”high performance” magnet. I ditto a good headlamp but don’t overlook the convenience of something like this:

View attachment 20769It is my”go to” for remote cooks and when I need that extra lighting.
That’s a good price for a setup like that. I too use a headlamp and a tripod light, using an 18v Bosch lamp, 1,900 lumens, that I bought for a different purpose. Lights up the entire back yard, but the headlamp is what I use most just because it is so convenient.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back